Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge is an incredible desktop browser, packing basically all important features available on the market today. Microsoft is now working on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 19, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is an incredible desktop browser, packing basically all important features available on the market today. Microsoft is now working on a new feature called “performance mode”, designed specifically for performance, especially when you’re gaming or using other apps.

In 2020, Microsoft introduced Sleeping Tabs to reduce the amount of RAM and CPU (processing) power used by the browser. This feature alone isn’t enough to improve the overall system performance as there are factors affecting Edge’s RAM and CPU usage on Windows 10.

As shown in the screenshot below, Microsoft Edge is now adding a new “Performance mode” option to the System settings of the browser. When enabled, Edge will try to optimize overall web browsing speed, responsiveness and reduce CPU, RAM and battery usage without affecting the overall experience.

Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10 Microsoft-Edge-performance-mode.jpg

However, Microsoft noted that the performance improvements will vary and the result ultimately depends on users browsing habits.

Performance mode in Microsoft Edge aims to reduce overall resources usage

In our tests, we observed that that “performance mode” forces Sleeping Tabs when tabs are inactive for five minutes.

By default, sleeping tabs are set to go to sleep after two hours of inactivity. When performance mode is enabled, Edge will discard tabs after only five minutes of inactivity and you can still wake up a sleeping tab by simply clicking on it.

Microsoft Edge will also detect heavy resources activity in the background (such as audio or video) and block those tabs from sleeping. As you may be aware, Edge’s sleeping mode is based on a core Chromium technology that prevents background activities and scripts to minimize resource usage while saving the browsing data.

This should cut down memory, CPU and battery usage in most cases. In addition to the sleeping tab, Edge’s performance mode will also tweak other browser settings to improve the performance.

It’s worth noting that all sites and browser features work as before after enabling the performance mode.

The feature is currently available in Microsoft Edge Canary 91 for select users and should make its way into the stable release later this year.

The post Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 19, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge not working

Hi William,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with the Windows components of your computer. With that said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when launching Microsoft Edge? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It also includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet.
    Please follow the steps provided on this link. Once in Safe Mode, please try to launch Microsoft Edge and check
    if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10

Microsoft Adding "Ultimate Performance Mode" To Windows 10

In a blog post, Microsoft detailed some new features that have become available for Microsoft's Insider Program Fast Ring users, of which the titular "Ultimate Performance Mode" certainly wrings the most attention. The Ultimate Performance Mode is really a performance plan integrated into Windows, which basically throws all power saving features out the Window to make sure that the underlying hardware is always running at its peak performance. Microsoft says that latencies and microstutters should be reduced as much as possible, thus allowing users to wring "ultimate performance" from their systems.

Microsoft says this is focused on the Workstation market, and should be especially deployed in mission critical scenarios where every second counts (wait, doesn't gaming qualify by this measure?) As a result of this re-balancing on idle and power states, power consumption goes up; the main reason why Microsoft isn't making this feature available for battery-powered devices - at least for now. The consumer side of the equation is being left out in the cold, for now, when it comes to this Ultimate Performance Mode; but users should remain optimistic. There's no reason why Microsoft would leave this option to Workstation environments only, so a consumer-focused release (be it in the Insider Fast Ring or on the regular Windows 10 update cycles) is still out in the open.

Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10 hxUpx8Zjdfn0oyDd_thm.jpg

Raevenlord, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10

1. Microsoft Edge is getting a performance mode on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge getting

2. Edge not performing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not performing: microsoft tried to upgrade edge on my pc, and now i cant do anything all my files have gone the bottom bar on the screen is just a white strip there is no icons the off button is not there I have to switch off my pc by the button on the pc I can't access settings I can't do...
  3. Edge not performing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not performing: microsoft tried to upgrade edge on my pc, and now i cant do anything all my files have gone the bottom bar on the screen is just a white strip there is no icons the off button is not there I have to switch off my pc by the button on the pc I can't access settings I can't do...
  4. How to Enable or Disable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91.0.856.0, a new Performance mode is now available. Performance mode helps you optimize speed, responsiveness, memory, CPU and battery usage. Performance improvements might vary depending on your individual specifications and browser...
  5. How to Disable or Enable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable or Enable Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge: It is not a secret that Microsoft is going all out to make their browser, Microsoft Edge, the best in the business. For that, it is rolling out updates with new features and one of them is “Performance Mode“. However, this feature is in testing mode and is only available in...
  6. Microsoft Edge Dev for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Dev for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements: Microsoft Edge Dev Build 77.0.197.1 is now available with improvements and fixes. The update brings dark theme to pages like Settings, History, Downloads and others. The update also adds a new option that would show icon for individual favourites on the favourites bar. More...
  7. Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge browser for Windows 10 gets dark mode improvements: Microsoft has released new updates for Edge Dev and Edge Canary on Windows 10 with a long list of improvements. Canary version of Edge has been updated with substantial improvements for dark mode, while Dev edition is getting UI refinements and a new option on Settings to...
  8. Microsoft Edge speed/performance

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge speed/performance: I've seen several people state that they've noticed that Edge now performs better than Chrome and that they feel like it's faster. I've used Chrome as my default for years and always found it to be lightning fast. I don't find Edge to be slow necessarily, but when compared to...
  9. Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency: For many people who have almost exclusively used Modern and Desktop IE, do you guys notice that Microsoft Edge consumes far more RAM and much higher idle CPU usage than Modern/Desktop IE? One way to test this is to open cnn.com on both browsers one at a time and observe...
  10. Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Performance out of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge: As of late, my computer has gotten so slow. Even on Microsoft Edge, the browser constantly hangs and says it's not responding. Sometimes it will even crash. I have scanned everything with MBAM, SAS, and my antivirus program and they found no threats and still no sign of...