Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge seems to be getting a new feature that will make the text you see on the webpage smoother, clearer, and easier to read. The feature is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 21, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10

Microsoft Edge seems to be getting a new feature that will make the text you see on the webpage smoother, clearer, and easier to read. The feature is called “ClearType“, which is a Windows-only technology that improves the readability of texts, especially on LCD monitors.

A flag for ClearType was added to Microsoft Edge with Canary build 91.0.862.0, but it seems to have been removed with today’s update (91.0.863.0). In the flags description, Microsoft noted that the feature is exclusive to Windows 10 and users can enable it to adjust the contrast and gamma settings.

“Renders text using the same contrast and gamma settings that are used elsewhere in Windows. Run the ClearType Text Tuner to adjust the contrast and gamma settings for the monitor. – Windows,” the company stated in a now-deleted flag description.

Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10 ClearType.jpg

If you haven’t already noticed font rendering issues in Edge, it’s more than likely you’re not going to notice any difference after enabling the flag. This is mainly because the feature is only for those who use Windows 10’s optional ClearType Text Tuner.

The experimental flag in Microsoft Edge will allow the browser to respect your ClearType settings. As mentioned, ClearType Text Tuner is built into the operating system and tweaking your ClearType settings can help when Windows is unable to handle font rendering for certain displays.

Once enabled, Edge will support ClearType’s multiple colour shading and texts on some websites will appear more readable and smoother, especially on LCD displays where fonts can often look jagged.

Microsoft Edge 90 also shipped with font rendering improvements last year and it’s possible that the tech giant is now trying to improve the webpages rendering system in Edge.

Microsoft Edge gets Tab actions menu

To simplify Edge’s vertical tabs, WorkSpaces and Collections experience, Microsoft’s browser also seems to be getting a new Tab actions menu, a feature that will allow you to manage the vertical tabs and collections.

Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10 Edge-tab-actions-menu.jpg

Earlier today, Microsoft updated the Edge Canary to replace the vertical tabs button with new Tab actions switch. When you click on the button, a new action menu will appear on your screen to help you access the vertical tabs, collections and upcoming workspaces feature.

The tech giant is currently testing these improvements in the Canary builds and it’s not yet clear when it will be enabled for everyone.

The post Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 21, 2021

2. fonts

Hi,

For clarification regarding your smooth fonts in Windows, we would like to know if you are referring to the
    Smooth edges of screen fonts option in Windows 10. If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to select it:

• Type-in advanced in the search box, and click View advanced system settings on the list.
    • As the System Properties window shows up, tap Settings in Performance.
    • Select Smooth edges of screen fonts, and hit OK.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

how do i change the color of the font in windows 10 edge?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

In Windows 10, you cannot change the colour of the Font.

If you are referring to the theme on Microsoft Edge and if it is showing a dark, you can change it to light. Follow the steps to change the theme:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More actions > Settings
    • Click on Choose a theme and change it to light.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge getting

2. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd: Hello, I've got this problem where many websites that I visit default to a font that's unreadable for me.I've tried to change the default font settings via windows and via Edge, but no succes.That calygraphic font is unreadable. At first, I thought it's chosen by the website...
  3. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd: Hello, I've got this problem where many websites that I visit default to a font that's unreadable for me.I've tried to change the default font settings via windows and via Edge, but no succes.That calygraphic font is unreadable. At first, I thought it's chosen by the website...
  4. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge browser with Microsoft Family is any better?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edge browser with Microsoft Family is any better?: Is there any extra benefit of Microsoft Edge browser when use with Microsoft Family then chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-with-microsoft-family-is-any-better/c88aefdd-c4a5-4aa0-829f-1aaa1ca02a22
  6. Font changing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Font changing in Microsoft Edge: I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this morning when I restarted my computer something changed in the font. It had changed from the old, regular font to a new,...
  7. Get better quality video with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Get better quality video with Microsoft Edge: When it comes to video, the closer to the hardware, the better. From video hardware acceleration to PlayReady Content Protection and the Protected Media Path, Windows 10 is designed to provide the highest quality, most secure, and most power-efficient video playback available...
  8. Is Windows 7 font rendering better than WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 7 font rendering better than WIndows 10?: Hi everyone, First post here. I installed Windows 10 last week but just now I returned to Windows 7. There are some things I don't feel comfortable about Windows 10 just yet. (regarding privacy and compatibility). I'll give it some time until it 'mature' a little. Now...
  9. Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update: There’s a good chance you’ve noticed that Microsoft Edge and other popular browsers have recently been focused on improving battery life. We’ve been paying particular attention to this with Windows 10, and the response has been great. Windows users spend more than half their...
  10. Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update: Microsoft Edge is built from the ground up to improve productivity, to be more secure, and to correctly, quickly, and reliably render web pages. While Microsoft Edge is the default browser for Windows 10 and is the best fit for most users, we recognize that some Enterprise...