Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge was launched in January 2020 for Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, and it’s also coming to Linux later this year. Microsoft is working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 11, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience

Microsoft Edge was launched in January 2020 for Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, and it’s also coming to Linux later this year.

Microsoft is working on refining the experience of the Edge browser and one priority is bringing the top features from the old Edge to the new one.

The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge is getting a new shelf-based downloads experience, which now allows you to open your downloads, save your downloads in a location of your choice, cancel the download, and even delete the downloads directly from the browser.

Microsoft has also included one new option called “Ask me what to do with each download” where you can set the default downloads experience.

Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience New-Edge-downloads-UI.jpg

As we mentioned above, you’ll be able to delete the downloads directly from the browser by right-clicking on a downloaded item.

Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience Delete-file-downloads-UI.jpg

“We hope that this will help users who like to download files automatically while still keeping their downloads folder clean,” Microsoft said in a statement.

Chromium Edge’s new download experience is still available in the Dev channel and it’s unlikely to land in the stable builds anytime soon.

Recently, Microsoft also started working on another feature for Chromium called “window controls overlay (WCO)”.

On Windows, the title bar area contains the minimize, maximize, close etc. actions, and this area can also be customized by developers for frequently used UI like a search box, profile, messages, etc.

Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience Edge-PWA.jpg

For the Chromium browsers, Microsoft is proposing “window controls overlay” that will provide the maximum addressable area for web content.

Later this year, Microsoft Edge is also getting the ability to take screenshots with Web Capture, view a PDF’s table of contents for navigation, website permission setting for sites, and a bunch of security improvements.

The post Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 11, 2020

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Edge

Hi Jochen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with accessing Microsoft Edge. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action
      at the right top corner.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Now check with the issue.

If the issue persists then, I suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if you still face the issue. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Now check if the issue persists in the new user account.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Arul_D, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge is getting controls overlay, new download experience - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge getting

2. New Update Experience for Mac available in Microsoft Edge Canary

in Windows 10 News
    New Update Experience for Mac available in Microsoft Edge Canary: Getting updates timely and smoothly is key to keeping web browsers secure. It also helps you try new experiences sooner on a fast-moving browser like Microsoft Edge. Since Microsoft Edge launched on MacOS, we have heard your feedback on the update experience on Mac devices,...
  3. New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge: We are very happy to announce a bunch of experience improvements we are bringing to the inking experience inside Microsoft Edge. We have heard feedback about the writing experience in Edge especially on PDFs where writing feels a but jittery. There were also complaints about...
  4. What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge for January 2021

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge for January 2021: [img] While the holiday season has come and gone, the new year brings a renewed opportunity for reflection, goal-setting and personal growth. The start of the new year makes me appreciate our team’s progress and I’ve got to tell you,...
  5. Microsoft introducing new favorites experience in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introducing new favorites experience in Microsoft Edge: Favorites are an integral part of any web browser, and in the months since we released the new version of Microsoft Edge we’ve heard a lot of feedback about the experience. Specifically: While the favorites menu provides quick access to your favorites, it...
  6. What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for October 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for October 2020: I always love this time of year – the leaves are changing here in Seattle and my kids are “back in school” aka doing schoolwork beside me now. The last several months have forced a reframe in the way I think about work and life, and while I...
  7. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge: [media] The message is loud and clear, and we’ve heard it: Providing secure remote access to resources, apps and data is the No. 1 challenge reported by security leaders. Cloud connected apps and services define our ability to work remotely, and with 60% of the...
  8. What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for August 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for August 2020: What’s New in Web Experiences for August 2020: Collections gets smarter, Microsoft Edge Family Safety comes to Android, and Bing helps you give back to local schools It’s crazy how little our browsers have evolved over the past decade. Today...
  9. Can't download new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download new Microsoft Edge: When I go to download the new Edge on Microsoft's website, I'm met with a 500 Error. It's as if the website does not exist or is taken down. Is this suppose to happen? submitted by /u/WigglyWastebin [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft Edge gets media overlay support on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge gets media overlay support on Windows 10: Microsoft is adding another new feature to Chromium browsers (Edge and Chrome) that would allow you to control YouTube media from anywhere. Windows 10 has two volume feature – volume slider and media overlay. Unlike the volume slider, media overlay allows you to pause the...