Windows 10: Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

Discus and support Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; version 1809 build 17763.1158 For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Question, May 5, 2020.

1. Question Win User

Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

version 1809 build 17763.1158

For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the previous pages on startup. It just suddenly stopped doing that today. I tried toggling that option on/off but it will not restore the previous pages.

E.G. I go to google.com, close microsoft edge, re-open it and it doesnt restore the tab to google.com.

Does anyone know of a way to fix it?

:)

Question, May 5, 2020
  2. Henrycp1 Win User

Edge restore Session

I have Edge set to restore my session which has worked fine until today. I was trying to resolve an issue in an application and asked to go to their support site. They opened up edge and it didn't restore my previous session. Now I have a whole bunch of
    sites that I've lost contact with and it appears edge doesn't provide an alternative to restore my session without trying to figure it out from my history. Duh!! Why do companies think removing features is a benefit????

I found this, so I expect my situation is hopeless.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform that Edge does restore the previous session after a crash by itself when opened after the system restarts but if that fails then there is no option to restore the previous session. I suggest you to provide a Feedback using the Feedback
    App which will help the developers to release improved options in the future builds of Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Henrycp1, May 5, 2020
  3. yansimkin Win User
    Restore Previous session , not detected

Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer to restore previous session automatically. However when I am restarting Windows while Edge is running, Edge
    does not detect interruption and comes up with default page.

So how do I restore all the tabs I had opened before restart?

yansimkin, May 5, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Restore Previous session , not detected

Hello, you will be able to restore to previous session once you've set it in settings. On the top right, there will be a 3 dotted button. Click that and click Settings on the bottom. There should be "Open Microsoft Edge with" option there and a drop down
    box. Click on that and select "Previous Pages". Now everything you x out of, it will restore to the previous session. Hope this helps!

RyoTakagi, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge longer

2. Edge Beta Crash, restoring previous saved Session_ and Tabs_

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Beta Crash, restoring previous saved Session_ and Tabs_: So, as sometimes happens, my HP runs out of juice or something and Edge can't recover. Usually "Restore" will bring back everything, this time it didn't. Luckily OneTab has saved a bunch of previously used tabs so not a big deal, but I went and did some forensic snooping...
  3. Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen: I lost my Microsoft edge in my lock screen. upper left corner. Can someone please help me get edge back into the upper left corner of my startup lock screen. It will come on if I hit the windows key and the letter L. However on startup there is nothing there. This causes...
  4. Auto relaunch of previous session at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto relaunch of previous session at startup: 08/16/20 Overnight my pc rebooted; no updates occurred. On startup, everything that was open re-launched slow-w-w-w-ly, of course. 1 Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Scroll down to Privacy > Toggle off Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my...
  5. Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session: version 1809 build 17763.1158 For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the previous pages on startup. It just suddenly stopped doing that today. I tried toggling that option on/off but it will not...
  6. Microsoft Edge No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge No Longer Working: When I try to launch Microsoft Edge I get this error that the side by side configuration is incorrect. I've tried everything online to fix this and nothing seems to work....
  7. Microsoft Edge no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge no longer working: [ATTACH] After installing the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4517211), Microsoft Edge no longer works. It is missing its icon and name, and upon opening the app it just crashes immediately....
  8. Microsoft User Research session: Microsoft Edge and OneNote

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research session: Microsoft Edge and OneNote: Discuss Microsoft Edge and OneNote directly with Windows engineers If you use Microsoft Edge or OneNote, our engineers would like to invite you to an upcoming customer research session. Organized by Microsoft User Research, this voluntarily, online session is a unique...
  9. Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Shows Previous Session upon Reboot: Why does my edge browser show my previous browsing history upon rebooting my pc. Whatever tabs I had open, open again on reboot.How do I prevent this, quite annoying and definitely not safe.Thanks 120833
  10. Restore Previous session , not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Previous session , not detected: Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer to restore previous session automatically. However when I am restarting Windows while Edge is running, Edge does not detect...