Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dell g7 7500, Chrome is my default browser but Microsoft edge launches every time I open the laptop. I tried to go to settings, then apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LanceHastings1, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.

I have a dell g7 7500, Chrome is my default browser but Microsoft edge launches every time I open the laptop. I tried to go to settings, then apps and modify it but once it asks if edge can make changes to my computer I click yes and it does nothing. I have tried it numerous times, also there is a Microsoft update, again it will not even let me click on modify or uninstall, also edge will not even let me click on uninstall, but I want to change it so it doesn't open every time I open my laptop. HELP! Thank you.

:)

LanceHastings1, Oct 8, 2020

2. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop.

1. Microsoft Edge is not letting me Modify the app, it opens every time I open my laptop. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge letting

2. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  3. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them: Every time I try to open apps like BlueJ, Anaconda, and more, it asks me to reinstall it every time despite the files already existing on my computer. This has been a persistent issue for a while now, upwards of a few months. There's no error message, it just keeps asking me...
  4. Every Time I Open Apps it Wants Me To Reinstall Them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Every time I open a program with Microsoft C++ I am prompted to Modify setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I open a program with Microsoft C++ I am prompted to Modify setup: I am trying to use Microsoft C++ 2015-2019 to run a game emulator on my PC. However every time I open the program, I am prompted to modify setup of C++. My only options are to "repair" or "uninstall" I click "repair" it comes up with "setup successful, you must restart your...
  6. Every time I open a program with Microsoft C++ I am prompted to Modify setup

Every time I open a program with Microsoft C++ I am prompted to Modify setup: I am trying to use Microsoft C++ 2015-2019 to run a game emulator on my PC. However every time I open the program, I am prompted to modify setup of C++. My only options are to "repair" or "uninstall" I click "repair" it comes up with "setup successful, you must restart your...
  7. Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead: I downloades fruity loops studio online and everytime i open the installer the microsoft store opens up instead telling me that i have to buy fruity loops mobile which is not even the one i downloaded from online...
  8. How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to let edge open an application without needing permission every time?: Is there a way to not need to give permission to open the application with the pop up every time I open a pdf or torrent etc on the new edge chromium Version 79.0.309.65 (Official Build) (64-bit) submitted by /u/_darzy [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open

Windows 10 requires me to 'Open app with' on EVERY app I open: Hello, I had a problem some time in the past and I managed to solve it via the help of the internet, but I changed some kind of option or so and now, whenever I try to open anything it requires me to "Open app with", even when I started windows today it gave me a error...
  10. Edge will not let me open pdf files onlne

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not let me open pdf files onlne: I was able to view my paycheck online using Windows 7. (new using edge in 10) After I was able to open it I could save it to drive or print it. In windows 10 a new tap opens that tells me something is blocking it from opening the pdf. If I left click on the file it wants me...