Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickShires, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all other browsers. Its not even an error message, it will just straight up not open. This has made it difficult for me to complete certain school projects which need Chrome to work. Is there a fix to this? or am I the only one?

Thanks in advance

Nick Shires

:)

NickShires, Apr 5, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 5, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

Edge browser on Windows 10 not working with ATT.net login.

Hello Johnnie,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to access websites using Microsoft Edge. One possible reason may be caused by your browser settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    • What antivirus program are you using?
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your browser prior to this happening?

An an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you clear Edge's history, cache, and cookies. Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click the
      History Icon.
    • Click Clear all history.
    • Select Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click
      Clear.
    • Relaunch Microsoft Edge and try to access the website.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

1. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge browser

2. KeyScrambler only works with my Edge browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KeyScrambler only works with my Edge browser: I downloaded a free version of KeyScrambler courtesy of CNET and everytime the application executes a green ribbon appears atop my window, showing how my keystrokes are scrambled but unfortunately this doesn't apply to using Notepad, Word or typing into File Explorer. Any...
  3. KeyScrambler only works with my Edge browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KeyScrambler only works with my Edge browser: I downloaded a free version of KeyScrambler courtesy of CNET and everytime the application executes a green ribbon appears atop my window, showing how my keystrokes are scrambled but unfortunately this doesn't apply to using Notepad, Word or typing into File Explorer. Any...
  4. Only Microsoft Edge working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Microsoft Edge working: A few days ago, Google Chrome stopped working, and I can't even open it. I didn't really care, and just used Edge. Today I downloaded Opera GX, and this time it opened, I thought. The startup animation is showing, but after that it just disappears. Can someone please help...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  6. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  7. Edge browser is in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser is in windows 10 not working: Edge browser is in windows 10 is not working after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-in-windows-10-not-working/228ef603-8de5-4820-a485-7ce200b458a5
  8. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser (will not work with EBAY)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Browser (will not work with EBAY): just recently (1 week ago) I have found the web browser will not work for the site it loads but if you click on sign In it just hangs and does nothing , the browser works fine for all other sites just Ebay , I have tried internet explorer and that browser works all the time...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...