Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Issues

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have multiple issues with Edge running on windows 10. I have recently started to migrate to FireFox and none of the issues that I have had with edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter Sanderson, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge Issues

I have multiple issues with Edge running on windows 10. I have recently started to migrate to FireFox and none of the issues that I have had with edge.

Edge Issues:

1. Freezes up when using Facebook. I cannot use Facebook with Edge?
    2. When using edge on on a news page such as msn.com, I often get hijacked to a page such as your McAfee Subscription has expired or windows system failure etc... Often the hijacted page makes an alarm sound. For example, if I ma looking at articles on msn and leave the computer, it often changes to these pages while I am gone. None of this happens when using Fire Fox or Chrome.

Example of a page re-directed with alarm noise:

Microsoft Edge Issues [​IMG]

:)

Peter Sanderson, Oct 9, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 9, 2019
  3. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft Edge Issues

flash player issues in Microsoft Edge

Hi Philip,

Thank you for posting In Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Are you able to Play other videos in Microsoft Edge?
    • Do you face the same issue in Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue is with this particular website?

I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Issues

1. Microsoft Edge Issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Issues

2. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  3. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  4. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
  5. Microsoft Edge Compatibility Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Compatibility Issue: [IMG]Recently updated my home pc to Windows 10, and this error message appears on all internet browsers. Not sure of what to do, I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  6. PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue

PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue: Hi All, Normally you can associate a file type with any app that works with that type of file. I have always changed a file type of a app when I do a clean install of Windows or install a different app. I recently installed Perfect PDF 9 Editor so I could read and edit any...
  7. Microsoft Edge Policy issue?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Policy issue?: How do I get rid of the message 'Your browser is managed by your organisation' at the top of the settings screen? I'm a home user I'm on Version 83.0.478.44 157688
  8. Microsoft Edge Policy issue?

Microsoft Edge Policy issue?: How do I get rid of the message 'Your browser is managed by your organisation' at the top of the settings screen? I'm a home user I'm on Version 83.0.478.44 157688
  9. Microsoft Edge issues.

Microsoft Edge issues.: Recently started having a problem with Edge, downloading zip files. It stops after 3.99 GB. Able to download fully with Explorer. Is it an issue with the browser?...
  10. Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue: Hi I am trying to download a zip of 5.5 GB, every time I tried it stops in its way and from there no progress. It appears that download was paused but actually it's not. Anyone faced similar issue or have the solution, please help me here. The most annoying thing when I tried...