Windows 10: microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

Discus and support microsoft edge keep opening PDF files in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img] Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gremar, Apr 5, 2018.

1. gremar Win User

microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files.

microsoft edge keep opening PDF files [​IMG]

gremar, Apr 5, 2018
  2. gremar Win User

Hi I have set the adobe reader as the default to open PDF file in control panel and in setting but Microsoft edge it rest itself as the default and open PDF files its annoying ,
    is there anything any tweak I can do in the registry?

:)

gremar, Apr 7, 2018
  3. SK1299 Win User
    Cant open PDF file on secure website using windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 Microsoft Print to PDF - once complete I cannot open the saved PDF. I'm opening with Microsoft Edge - a message displays "couldn't open PDF Something's keeping this PDF from opening"

Any solution???

SK1299, Apr 7, 2018
  4. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

Edge: cannot open lots of PDF files

To get Microsoft Edge to open pdf files - permanently:-

Open Internet Explorer.

Click on pdf logo at thop right of screen.

Click on 'Convert' and 'Convert current web page to an Adobe PDF file'.

Now check that Edge can open pdfs.

MalcolmHolden, Apr 7, 2018
  5. In settings have a look at Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose default app by file types for pdf files?

Wiley Coyote, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

1. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files - Similar Threads - microsoft edge keep

2. Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files: Good day Supporti have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing default app to adobe acrobat , but after a reboot edge becomes the default app. Please help ?Edge is up to date. Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.73 Official build 64-bitAcrobat reader is...
  3. How to Enable or Disable Open PDF files in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Open PDF files in Microsoft Edge: When you click/tap on a link for a PDF file in Microsoft Edge, the PDF file will open in Microsoft Edge using the internal PDF viewer by default. If you turn off Always open PDF files externally, Microsoft Edge treats PDF files as downloads and lets users open them with the...
  4. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  5. Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites: Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a forum that has a thread with a pdf file attached. It wants me to save the pdf to my HD instead. I'm using Adobe Reader and this is the first I have noticed this change. Edge Version 80.361.62 64bit The Extension App shows pdf...
  6. Default application for opening PDF files changes to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default application for opening PDF files changes to Microsoft Edge: Good afternoon, I am at a loss with one user issue at our organization. She is currently running into an issue with .PDF extension randomly changing. She uses Bluebeam as her default PDF program but when it changes it defaults to Microsoft Edge. I have tried nearly...
  7. Couldn’t open PDF in Edge, Something’s keeping this PDF from the opening

in Windows 10 News
    Couldn’t open PDF in Edge, Something’s keeping this PDF from the opening: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 uses Microsoft Edge as a default web browser. This new built-in browser is replaced with the older Internet Explorer for its performance and features. Apart from serving a default browser, Microsoft Edge acts as a default PDF viewer [...] This...
  8. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge): My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser. Can you suggest a pdf Reader? Thanks, cb 119456
  9. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  10. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ouldnt open pdf

2. Couldn’t open PDF Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

3. couldn’t open pdfsomething’s keeping this pdf from opening.go back to the last page