Windows 10: Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

Discus and support Microsoft Edge keeps closing down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by curt jugg, Feb 6, 2016.

1. curt jugg Win User

Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of these remaining folders, Edge closes down. However, if I launch Edge and select one of the folders in the favourites bar across the top of the screen this doesn't happen. And once I've selected one of these folders in the favourites bar across the top of the screen I can then click the down arrow and select one of these favourites and Edge does not close down. Can anyone suggest what I can do to put this right, please?

And one other thing, every so often Edge starts flashing on and off. I wonder if that's connected with the above problem.

:)

curt jugg, Feb 6, 2016

2. Web browser crashes when using imported bookmarks.

I am using Microsoft edge, Windows 7 removed and no there are no errors as edge closes down

BrianBlakemore, Feb 6, 2016
  3. EDGE will not close down

Thank you for this reply. Answer 1: no specific task; answer 2: yes, the computer froze and we had to do a restart.

I have deleted the browser history in EDGE as you suggested and, so far, this seems to have cured the problem.

Many thanks

KenJMatthews, Feb 6, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

Not sure about edge bookmarks and edge shutting down, as far as edge flashing every once in while that is probably a notification of something.

Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions, scroll down and see what's set to on under "Show notifications from these Apps" to notify you. I use IE11 and the homepage tab was flashing perodically, found that Window Explorer was set to on. I moved it to off and the homepage flashing tab stopped, never figured out what exactly it was notifying me about, but it stopped when I turned notifications off.

CmmTch, Feb 7, 2016
  5. curt jugg Win User
    Thanks. The flashing has stopped now but I'll try your suggestion if it starts again. Still got the problem with Edge closing down, though.

curt jugg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge keeps

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Edge keeps closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  6. Edge keeps closing

Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  7. Programmes keep closing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing down: I have a 21inch Lenovo all in one touch screen desk top Of recent if I open a programme to send or receive dialogue whether it be Twitter , Facebook or even windows community like this one. It then shrinks the operating window to a small size. then software says do you wish...
  8. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to which Cannot be resolved by myself or a number of IT colleagues. I used to use until about 6 Months ago when it kept...
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down

Microsoft Jigsaw -keeps crashing and closing down: My wife has a new Surface Go 128gb version to replace her old Windows 10 tablet. She has played the Microsoft Jigsaw app for several years and it worked fine on her old Linx tablet. It launches on the Go in windows 10 S but crashes/closes down as soon as she tries to open a...