Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardLane6, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

Dear Microsoft Team,

Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to which Cannot be resolved by myself or a number of IT colleagues.

I used to use until about 6 Months ago when it kept CRASHING.
    I tried everything from VIRUS check to completely RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS.
    But alas to no avail. Therefore I have had to switch to Google Chrome.

On my first attempt, It starts to run ok for about 20 - 30 minutes, then it just shuts down all by itself.

Then I click on EDGE again for the second time, Windows is ok, and when I click on Edge again, it starts up but then after about 10 minutes it shuts down for the second time, then again and again and so on....

It's was really frustrating the hell out of me. So I tried Google Chrome and it hasn't closed down once.

Even in the listing it hasn't got anything on there about MICROSOFT EDGE so I picked MAIL, as they want you to pick ONE.

Thank you
    Regard's Richard

:)

RichardLane6, Dec 20, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Dec 20, 2019
  3. curt jugg Win User
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

Thanks. The flashing has stopped now but I'll try your suggestion if it starts again. Still got the problem with Edge closing down, though.

curt jugg, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

edge keeps shutting down

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if the Edge works fine:

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open PowerShell as administrator.

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

1. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Keeps

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Edge keeps closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  6. Edge keeps closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps closing: My Edge in my Windows11 computer keeps closing when in use. I have upgraded my Windows from Win 10 to 11 before and Edge is working fine. 2 days ago I cant use it properly since it keeps on closing. Playing with one tab or more it will close no matter what and while using it....
  7. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Edge keeps closing down

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing down: In my favourites bar in Edge I have more favourites folders than there is space for across the screen so there is a down arrow on the right. When I click on this down arrow the remaining favourites folders appear. If I launch Edge, click on the down arrow and select one of...
  9. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...