Windows 10: Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Discus and support Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Elite Albino, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an error message, it just closes as if I pressed the close button. However, when I ask Cortana to open up some sort of search, then the window works and stays open. Does anyone seem to know what the problem is? Thank you in advance.

:)

Elite Albino, Jul 29, 2015
  2. dinaandre Win User

KB4089848 update stops Edge from opening, have to recover system but update starts to install again and again.

My Microsoft Edge browser will not open since thekb4089848 update either. I tried repair, renew but to no avail. I also tried the uninstall and reinstall suggestions for edge and they do not work either. The edge window opens but does not populate, and
    then closes after a few seconds.

dinaandre, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Edge just crashes

I created a new user account and opened edge nd it also closed after a few seconds.

TheMaverick1953, Jul 29, 2015
  4. tgreaves Win User

Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Having the exact same problem here..

tgreaves, Jul 29, 2015
  5. tgreaves Win User
    I found one thing that works, go to facebook from the start search and it will open Edge and wont close on its own.. Once in edge set the start screen to bing and you be good to go..

tgreaves, Jul 30, 2015
  6. I just wish Microsoft would have this information readily available. I was starting to get so used to Edge. *Think

Miriam1559, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Aug 22, 2015
  8. Tsirk Win User

I already did this solution and still Edge keep shutting down.I created a new user account yes it works but I cant use other account other than mine.I really like my default user account as main and I am using different browsers at the same time so what I looking for is the real solution for this one. Yes Edge was really awesome and fast and I am starting to love it then Boom since the last update the edge start closing at start and no working solution found yet anywhere.

Tsirk, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Word. *Rolleyes

Miriam1559, Aug 29, 2015
  10. Oh man, Please update here what helped you to solve this issue @Tsirk and @Miriam1559

Windows10users, Sep 2, 2015
  11. vdabeelem Win User
    Having the exact same problem here..
    it started after changing the settings from Bing to Google default browsing..

vdabeelem, Sep 13, 2015
  12. Changing again to Bing Doesn't solve?

Windows10users, Sep 13, 2015
  13. vdabeelem Win User

i cannot change it back, because my Edge is closing after 2 seconds, and so I can not go to the setting menu anymore :-(

vdabeelem, Sep 13, 2015
  14. Tsirk Win User
    Finally I found a solution how the MS edge works without creating new user account. I read this from reddit and I found the solution really works for me. Microsoft Edge opens and immediately closes itself. : Windows10
    ( To admin Please delete my reply If these links are looks suspicious or something.)

STEP 1: Delete the corrupted Microsoft Edge Folder. "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    Delete the "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" the FOLDER itself, Make sure you are logged as ADMIN before doing so.

STEP 2: Then Launch Powershell as administrator by pressing Windows key then R, then type powershell, to launch it as admin try to right click the powershell icon at the taskbar after you launch it, the click RUN as ADMIN.

STEP 3: Copy and paste these command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
    Hit enter and once the command is executed,

STEP 4: Quit powershell and restart the computer to complete the process.

STEP 5: Open the MS EDGE to see if its working on you.

Thanks for all the people who are hassled in these problem, finally I made great fix for corrupted ms edge in my pc.

Tsirk, Nov 12, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    I had a similar problem where it would not let me login anywhere so I did what's mentioned in post #12 above and except with step 3, I used a different command:

Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote] I did not do step 4.

Except this forum has the same fix that is easier:
    [url='https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reset-microsoft-edge-to-default-in-windows-10.8465/[/url]

Almighty1, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge keeps

2. Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.: Windows Powershell opens randomly and then after 1-3 seconds it closes. When it does this it also fully closes down my Google Chrome tabs.Then it does this for every 5-10 minutes...
  3. Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.: Windows Powershell opens randomly and then after 1-3 seconds it closes. When it does this it also fully closes down my Google Chrome tabs.Then it does this for every 5-10 minutes...
  4. Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.: As stated in the subject, yesterday at some point my computer started having the problem of Windows Powershell opens randomly and then after 1-3 seconds it closes. When it does this it also fully closes down my Google Chrome tabs, so I've changed my default browser now to...
  6. Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.: As stated in the subject, yesterday at some point my computer started having the problem of Windows Powershell opens randomly and then after 1-3 seconds it closes. When it does this it also fully closes down my Google Chrome tabs, so I've changed my default browser now to...
  7. Windows Powershell keeps opening up randomly and then closing after a few seconds.

8. Settings Keeps closing out after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Keeps closing out after a few seconds: Every time i open ANYthing in the settings or settings related, like Penalization, adding a new account, or even the option to check on the network settings, or access what runs at start up. The windows for each thing pops up, but after a few seconds it closes out. I've...
  9. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82