Windows 10: Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

Discus and support Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this article, we will see what to do if Edge keeps opening automatically by itself on Windows 11/10 devices. According to the affected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 11, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself Microsoft-Edge-keeps-opening-automatically.png
    In this article, we will see what to do if Edge keeps opening automatically by itself on Windows 11/10 devices. According to the affected users, Edge opens automatically every time they start their computers, whereas, some users have stated that Edge opens up automatically anytime while working on the computer. If you are experiencing any […]

This article Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 11, 2022

2. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

1. Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge keeps

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs

New Windows 11 laptop: Microsoft Edge opens automatically and keeps opening new tabs: I have a brand new laptop so I don't think malware is involved.I set up Windows with only a local account sorry but I'm not into the whole Microsoft 365 ecosystem. The only time I've intentionally opened the Edge Browser was to install Chrome. Other than that, all I've done...
  6. How to keep Movies & TV from automatically opening itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Movies & TV from automatically opening itself: Not sure if this is the right forum for this. I've been using Movies & TV to view downloaded videos for quite a while now, and suddenly yesterday it began to open itself up and play each video as soon as it is downloaded, which never happened before, and which I definitely do...
  7. How to keep Movies & TV from automatically opening itself

How to keep Movies & TV from automatically opening itself: Not sure if this is the right forum for this. I've been using Movies & TV to view downloaded videos for quite a while now, and suddenly yesterday it began to open itself up and play each video as soon as it is downloaded, which never happened before, and which I definitely do...
  8. Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and Edge is still resetting my safesearch settings and opening new tabs every time I click on a link. Almost every day I have to go in and reset these manually but the next day they go back to defaults. It used to happen a few times a year but now...
  9. microsoft edge keeps opening ftp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft edge keeps opening ftp: i type in my ftp address in the address bar it said it couldn't open so i clicked Ok , now i entered the ftp again and it opens with Microsoft edge. how do i stop this?...
  10. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...