Windows 10: Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up

Discus and support Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs as soon as the computer starts up. I've tried clearing the files as per many you tube instructions. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dswest1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. dswest1 Win User

Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up

Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs as soon as the computer starts up. I've tried clearing the files as per many you tube instructions. I have even completely formatted the hard drive and performed a clean install. But as soon as that is finished, it does the same thing. What can I do ?

:)

dswest1, Aug 31, 2019

2. EDGE multiple tabs

Windows 10 Edge browser - I would like to have multiple tabs open when I start my EDGE, but I want one of those tabs to be the Top sites and suggested content page

VaLentinCohen, Aug 31, 2019
  3. brummyfan Win User
    How to open multiple website in Window 10 Microsoft Edge?

Yes, opening many instances of Edge is not available but as the previous poster said, you can open several tabs.

brummyfan, Aug 31, 2019
  4. cfourkays Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    Google"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft edge keeps opening multiple tabs upon computer start up - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge keeps

2. Is it bad to keep multiple tabs open on your computer?

in Windows 10 News
    Is it bad to keep multiple tabs open on your computer?: [ATTACH]Is it bad to have many tabs open in your browser? While working on the internet, we usually keep opening websites in separate tabs without closing the previously opened tabs in our web browser. Every program or software that we open on our computer uses some of our...
  3. Fix Microsoft Edge keeps opening multiple tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge keeps opening multiple tabs: [ATTACH]Does Microsoft Edge keep opening multiple tabs on startup? If yes, the solutions provided in this post will help you fix the problem. According to some users, Edge is opening some random web pages in multiple tabs on startup, whereas, some have reported that Edge is...
  4. BSOD upon starting up Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon starting up Computer: DESKTOP-V91V1BR-(2020-08-24_20-45-38).zip Windows 10 Version 2004 163173
  5. Edge hangs on opening (multiple computers)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge hangs on opening (multiple computers): We've installed a bunch of computers this week with 1903 downloaded from MS. Everything has gone fine, but today we noticed that Edge won't open on any of them. It just hangs once it opens with a white page. I've tried: Updating Windows Repairing Edge Resetting Edge...
  6. BSOD upon computer start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon computer start up: Hey, I recently got a "Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area" upon start-up of my machine. This is not the first blue-screen I've gotten recently so I thought I'd post my log here. Unfortunately, I don't know how to re-create the problem. I've attached the output of the Beta Log...
  7. Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...: Hi Guys I often open entire folder from favorites to open multiple tabs at once. The issue i have is that Edge is loading only first/current tab and rest of the tab when click on them. This way i loose time waiting until page will be loaded. Is there any trick to force Edge...
  8. Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...: Hi Guys I often open entire folder from favorites to open multiple tabs at once. The issue i have is that Edge is loading only first/current tab and rest of the tab when click on them. This way i loose time waiting until page will be loaded. Is there any trick to force Edge...
  9. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...
  10. Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening: UPDATE: We had further issues for this, Norton caused a ruckus with Edge, after removing this however, Edge started working fully functional.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge open multiple tabs on startup

2. microsoft edge loads of tabs opened and crashes

3. multiple tabs of edge open in laptop