Windows 10: Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smartfon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er54lg/microsoft_edge_lacks_the_sync_privacy_feature/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smartfon, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...

/u/smartfon, Jan 19, 2020
  2. chani179 Win User

Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

Recently, my laptop got broken and I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling the windows and signing in to my live (live.com) account, all the settings were synced except for Microsoft Edge bookmarks and reading list.

I had a long list of bookmarks and links in the reading list. Now, I am without anything. I have checked the sync settings. They are turned on in both the settings windows app and in Microsoft Edge. It has been 3 days since I installed the new windows.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards!

Charanjit Singh

chani179, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...

Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...

1. Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge lacks

2. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  3. Edge didn't synced old data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge didn't synced old data: Hi, I reinstall my windows 10 but when I install edge and login with my account it didn't sync my old data all my bookmarks are gone, anyone know how can I fix that? submitted by /u/S_kanwarjeet [link] [comments]...
  4. Microsoft data sync.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft data sync.: OK, when I log into my computer, it says that Microsoft could not sync my account, and it signed me into a guest account. I cannot access any of my files. The pop-up said to sign out and sign back in, which I did. Nothing was fixed and nothing actually happened. It's been...
  5. Lack of data access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lack of data access: Hi everyone! Couple of days ago I installed this new vpn on my p.c from an unofficial site. After some minutes I realized I can't open Google Chrome, or any of my applications, photos, and videos. Also I'm logged out of Skype involuntary. Seems like all my information is...
  6. Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.: Recently, my laptop got broken and I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling the windows and signing in to my live (live.com) account, all the settings were synced except for Microsoft Edge bookmarks and reading list. I had a long list of bookmarks and links in the...
  7. Microsoft Edge to get Collections feature and new Privacy Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge to get Collections feature and new Privacy Tools: Microsoft has confirmed it is working on multiple innovative features for Edge browser that would arrive in the preview builds soon. Microsoft Edge is getting Collections feature, new privacy tools, Internet Explorer Mode for enterprises, and other improvements. Collections...
  8. Syncing bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing bookmarks: A few months ago, after an update my bookmarks would not sync (desktop to laptop - previously this worked fine. All files sync). After trying a few different things I have noticed that in the "sync your settings" popup the toggle switch for INTERNET EXPLORER is missing on...
  9. Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

in Browsers and Email
    Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds: So I have a weird issue where I click on the menu dots(...) then settings, then the sidebar disappears, so I have to repeat that then it will open settings. It does the same thing with the bookmarks star. I have tried deleting and reinstalling edge, did nothing but lose...
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196