Windows 10: Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer

Discus and support Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't use Microsoft Edge and it is not the default browser on my computer, but it is launching everytime I turn on my computer or reboot, and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnDSmillie, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer

I don't use Microsoft Edge and it is not the default browser on my computer, but it is launching everytime I turn on my computer or reboot, and I can't find a setting to change that.

:)

JohnDSmillie, Aug 10, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge not working

Hi William,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with the Windows components of your computer. With that said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when launching Microsoft Edge? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It also includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet.
    Please follow the steps provided on this link. Once in Safe Mode, please try to launch Microsoft Edge and check
    if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Aug 10, 2018
  3. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer

1. Microsoft Edge launches when I turn on my computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge launches

2. when I turn on my computer with Windows 10, I want to go to desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I turn on my computer with Windows 10, I want to go to desktop.: when I turn on computer I want to go to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-with-windows-10-i-want/78482edc-ed29-481e-9f85-a329b9874d51
  3. When should I keep my computer on, and when should I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When should I keep my computer on, and when should I turn it off?: Hello, I would like to know when should I keep my computer on, if I should put it in sleep, or turn it off. I always turn of my PC when I am not using it, and I want to know if that is correct. I do not want to damage anything, so I am looking for help. I have read that...
  4. how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer

how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer: how to stop edge from starting when i turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-from-starting-when-i-turn-on-my/1285b08f-061d-474a-b070-82fe6384a69d
  5. microsoft store launches then turns off

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store launches then turns off: microsoft store launches then turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-launches-then-turns-off/b7b58045-22d7-41ca-b53f-359b92765708"
  6. I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.: Now the mail looks different and the color of solataire cards are blue and white not black and red. I cannot play Mahjong as it is installed under guest and will not sync to play goes back to page to play....
  7. My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts in a loop when I turn on my modem: Whenever I turn on my modem, I get a blue screen with DPC Watchdog Violation, then my PC restarts in a loop (unless I turn off my modem again). It didn't happen when I disabled my network card driver, so I updated the driver but the problem persists. My PC is new but Windows...
  8. Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On: Microsoft Edge must have VPN on to connect to websites. Firefox and Chrome on the same PC are operating OK with or without VPN. The problem started after the latest Windows 10 feature update (1803). This appears to be a BUG with Edge....
  9. screen turns black when launching game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen turns black when launching game: When I launch a game like Fortnite or PUBG the screen goes black, all I can see is the cursor and hear the game audio and nothing else so if you have a solution please tell me...
  10. No login box when I turn my computer on

No login box when I turn my computer on: My computer turns on but i do not get a login box. I dont get any prompt. Its just the photo background i see and the time and date Does anyone have any suggestions...