Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mruschmann, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

Hello,

I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased.

Let me provide more detail:
    These users are using a call system in order to input tickets. If they do not finish the ticket and a new call comes in, a new ticket will pop up deleting their old ticket they were working on.

I have suggested they finish the ticket before taking a new call. I have also suggested that they keep notes outside of the ticket system, but they are determined to change the browser setting like we did in IE. (I even suggested getting the call manager provider on the phone) ... They really want to change the way Microsoft Edge handles opening a new website.

Does anyone know how to change these settings like we were able to in IE?

Thank you.
    Mike.

:)

mruschmann, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Well perhaps a tab manager would allow you to easily identify and close unwanted tabs as well as providing a list of open tabs that you can click to open. Plus import or export tab lists so that you don't loose them. Anyway that was my line of thinking.

Everywhere I look - it seems that there is no way to override external link handling in Chrome by design.

One thing you can do is use this extension:

Open Link in Same Tab - Chrome Web Store

It does open external links in the same tab but requires a right click to choose option from context menu.

Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab [​IMG]

Callender, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Bagshot77 Win User
    Edge not opening links in new tab

Both suggestions just open the link in a new window.

The only way I can open a link in a new tab is by right-clicking on the link and selecting the option, but I never had to do this before. It's only recently that Edge has started doing this. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

I prefer my links to open in a new tab; there's very little point in opening them in a whole new window as things soon get messy.

Thanks.

Bagshot77, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Maybe Chrome doesn't have that option then. I'm using Vivaldi (Chrome variant) and extensions should work the same.

Maybe take a look at tab stacking & tiling in Vivaldi? Here's a stack of four tabs with tiles.

Tab Stacking - Vivaldi Tips

So basically stack the tabs you want to keep and close the rest using a single click.

Callender, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

1. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Link

2. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to force a link to open in the same tab: One website always opens links in a new tab. How can I force it to open in the same tab? I use Firefox with Win10, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-a-link-to-open-in-the-same-tab/8588a9f1-c274-486c-8566-6a9c5beb1668
  3. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to force a link to open in the same tab: One website always opens links in a new tab. How can I force it to open in the same tab? I use Firefox with Win10, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-a-link-to-open-in-the-same-tab/8588a9f1-c274-486c-8566-6a9c5beb1668
  4. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  6. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  7. History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    History and Open Tabs sync in New Edge browser: What does history and open tab sync actually mean? It is not available now but does it mean the history won't be synced if I log in to another computer using microsoft account? Do the bookmarks, and extensions installed from edge store and chrome store in edge browser...
  8. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  9. How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome: Okay so check this out: So I am aware that If I press Ctrl+Click on a link, it will open in a new tab, yet I'm not asking for that. There are certain websites that when I only Left Click a link, it automatically opens in a new tab. So now I have two tabs open; the same page...
  10. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145