Windows 10: Microsoft Edge maps location HORRIBLE

Discus and support Microsoft Edge maps location HORRIBLE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Edge location was working fine until last week when all of a sudden, in Google Maps and Bing Maps, Edge thinks I am in Florida. I am in Tennessee. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sven Bridstrup, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge maps location HORRIBLE

Edge location was working fine until last week when all of a sudden, in Google Maps and Bing Maps, Edge thinks I am in Florida. I am in Tennessee. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this including removing Edge profile and creating a new one. All Windows 10 location services are ON. I have set Windows Default Location. I have cleared Windows location history. Google Chrome browser correctly identifies my location. This is an Edge Browser issue, not Windows.Edge Version 91.0.864.59 Official build 64-bitWindows 10 HomeVersion: 21H1OS Build: 19043.1055

:)

Sven Bridstrup, Jun 27, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge will not accept my home Location

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that Microsoft Edge shows incorrect location of your computer.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Do you see the incorrect location on a specific website?

• Where did you input your town and post code to change the location?
    I would like to let you know that the Microsoft Edge will detect the location that is configured on the system.

I suggest that you turn off and turn on the Location option in Settings. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

• Click on Privacy on select Location
      tab.

• Check if Location is turned ON.

• If yes, turn it OFF and turn ON
    Hope this helps. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge maps location HORRIBLE

my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge maps location HORRIBLE

1. Microsoft Edge maps location HORRIBLE - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge maps

2. Microsoft Edge misidentified my location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge misidentified my location: Microsoft Edge misidentified my location. I'm in Vietnam, but my IP address is in Hong Kong. My phone still shows the correct location. Please help me!Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02/‎08/‎2021 OS build 22000.493 Experience Windows Feature...
  3. Microsoft Edge misidentified my location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge misidentified my location: Microsoft Edge misidentified my location. I'm in Vietnam, but my IP address is in Hong Kong. My phone still shows the correct location. Please help me!Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02/‎08/‎2021 OS build 22000.493 Experience Windows Feature...
  4. Microsoft Edge Download Bar Location

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Download Bar Location: I recently updated the pc and my browser was also updated along with it. I find it really annoying that every time I download anything the download bar pop ups right in the middle of the webpage. An added click on the page is required to click to get rid of it previously it...
  5. Wrong location in Maps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong location in Maps: Last year I noticed that whenever I openMaps on my PC, my precise location is shown as an address I had 10 yearsago. All the PCs in my house showed this address in Maps as well even ones that did not have my Microsoft account signed in. I didsome research and found that...
  6. Windows Maps location

Windows Maps location: I am a bit baffled by the declaration that the windows 10 location is inaccurate because a system has no gps. I can search my location on google maps and bing maps and have my location show correctly however when searching with windows maps its not just a little over its 4 or...
  7. Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App: MS Edge opening Google Maps has the PC location off by 17 miles. Windows 10 Map App has same incorrect location. I have done the location set/reset. set the default location to the PC's location, cleared location history, stopped syncing, run SFC /SCANNOW, chkdsk, etc. to no...
  8. Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps: Hi, My Lumia 950's second battery is dying, and this is the last year of Windows 10 Mobile support ;-( so I will soon have to move to an Android phone. I have tons of favorites in Microsoft maps, synced between the Lumia 950 and the Windows 10 app on my PCs. How can I...
  9. Maps location

Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? [Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_maps/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e
  10. Maps location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e