Windows 10: Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

Discus and support Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i open microsoft edge,it shows not responding.Then,microsoft store and settings did the same thing like microsoft edge.But,Search bar kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PraveenKarthigeyan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

Whenever i open microsoft edge,it shows not responding.Then,microsoft store and settings did the same thing like microsoft edge.But,Search bar kept loading for no reason.Can you guys help me on how to solve this problem?I can't even download it from Microsoft store.

:)

PraveenKarthigeyan, Jan 21, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Ivan Ho Win User
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin

But...

I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution, no suggestions have resolved the issue. I can paste clipboard URL into Chrome or FF or Notepad or Word or [You name the app here], but not in the Edge address bar. AND, it is not limited to the address bar; I cannot paste anything into the search bar either. I can type in either bar, just not able to paste clipboard data.

I have tried all of the following, to no avail:

1) Click in address or search bar or Ctrl + L, then Ctrl + V
    2) Click in address or search bar or Ctrl + L, right-mouse click and select "Paste"
    3) Settings | App | Microsoft Edge | Advanced options | Repair
    4) Settings | App | Microsoft Edge | Advanced options | Reset
    5) Open Edge Settings | Privacy & security | Show search and site suggestions as I type: Disable (i.e., turn off)

I have seen no other suggestions, as of yet.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Windows version: 64-bit Windows 10 1903 (clean install--new laptop; not an update from other version/build)
    Edge version: 44.18362.267.0
    Edge HTML version: 18.18362

Ivan Ho, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

1. Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  3. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Not Responding: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent freezes and unresponsiveness with Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. It happens when I'm browsing multiple tabs or trying to load certain websites. I've tried clearing the cache and disabling extensions, but the problem persists. Can someone...
  4. Microsoft Edge Not Responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft store search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store search bar: so whenever i open Microsoft store the search bar doesn't appear even after restarting it doesn't i am completely unable to search anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-search-bar/98482309-692b-448d-9cd4-2f749138b2ed
  6. Microsoft store search bar

Microsoft store search bar: so whenever i open Microsoft store the search bar doesn't appear even after restarting it doesn't i am completely unable to search anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-search-bar/98482309-692b-448d-9cd4-2f749138b2ed
  7. windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working: how to fix windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working * Moved from Research/Eyes First https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-microsoft-store-microsoft-edge-and/04442773-5dce-4f99-8a08-b9883bcfa528
  8. Search Bar & Microsoft store not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar & Microsoft store not working: Hello, ive been having this issue for some time. Everytime i click on the start menu or want to type in the search bar i click on either and it pops up but freezes and wont let me type unless i hold a key down a few seconds. Also the undo & paste boxes are shown and wont go...
  9. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  10. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge changing search bar: How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then...