Windows 10: Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue

Discus and support Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently completed a factory reset of my Dell Inspiron 13-5368. When completed the version of Windows 10 Home that was installed was version 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lintek25475, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue

I recently completed a factory reset of my Dell Inspiron 13-5368. When completed the version of Windows 10 Home that was installed was version 1903 (build 18362.175). The version of Microsoft Edge is version 44.18362.1.0. Without any other programs or apps from the Store being installed. I opened Edge and I immediately noticed that the color of the min/max/close buttons on the right side of the title bar were displayed in the Light mode (grey). I changed the browser's theme to the Dark mode. Closed and re-launched the browser. The buttons are still displayed in the Light mode.

This is how it looks.

Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue [​IMG]

On another Windows 10 computer, the same condition appears as is:

Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue [​IMG]

Is this a known bug when Microsoft introduced the Light theme? It appears Edge is not adhering to the selection made by the mode switch.

:)

lintek25475, Jun 14, 2019

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Jun 14, 2019
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue

1. Microsoft Edge min/max/close button color issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge min

2. Color distortion on microsoft edge

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Color distortion on microsoft edge: I have the new version of Microsoft edge and I have been using it and everything was going great. But now, every time I open Microsoft edge I have been getting a color glitch on the main page and every time I try to access a website....
  3. min/max button not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    min/max button not working in windows 10: Windows 10 home edition. Min/max button not working & back arrow on bottom of task bar not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minmax-button-not-working-in-windows-10/b369bee8-41e2-47a3-b474-71b37744c3be
  4. min and max screen functions

min and max screen functions: I can't use the min the little box between the close X and reduce to task bar -} in the upper right corner how do I fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/min-and-max-screen-functions/68d00f45-b2fb-4a3b-be95-ee10c94448a5
  5. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to which Cannot be resolved by myself or a number of IT colleagues. I used to use until about 6 Months ago when it kept...
  6. Stop Controlbox (Min/Max) Mouseover

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Controlbox (Min/Max) Mouseover: Since I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 the Min/Max buttons now require a mouseover to show (ie they are NOT always visible). In addition, they are now colored with a light blue background and the close button has a light red background. I do NOT like the controlbox mouseover...
  7. Microsoft Excel min, max, close caption buttons do not use SmCaptionHeight and...

Microsoft Excel min, max, close caption buttons do not use SmCaptionHeight and...: I'm in the process of finalizing a touchscreen application. After a lot of testing it was made apparent certain things would have to be resized in order to have the best/most convenient user experience. Before I continue, this is on Windows 10 version 1809. I navigated to...
  8. microsoft edge button

microsoft edge button: why did microsoft edge button disappear from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-button/acda7fb1-c824-4d18-b983-2a9ae073a1bd
  9. Replace Titlebar buttons (min/max/exit)

Replace Titlebar buttons (min/max/exit): Anyone know of a simple way to replace the Titlebar buttons (minimize, maximize, exit) ? They're just fugly as sin in Windows 10. Thanks 47664
  10. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881