Windows 10: Microsoft edge mind of it's own

Discus and support Microsoft edge mind of it's own in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Like many others I have had problems with edge disappearing not finding it on the default list. Well I found a different default list and there Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikef1234, Feb 1, 2017.

1. mikef1234 Win User

Microsoft edge mind of it's own

Like many others I have had problems with edge disappearing not finding it on the default list. Well I found a different default list and there Edge was. Now comes the problem once I had Edge open in it's setting it had open in Internet explorer????? I getting rid of Internet Explorer any ways. If i did would there be any problems and would Edge take over?

:)

mikef1234, Feb 1, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

N95 Mind of it's own!

It definitely looks like a hardware problem. Take the phone to your nearest Nokia Care Point and ask them to look at it.

Note that the warranty in the EU is 24 months...

grschinon, Feb 1, 2017
  3. andie666 Win User
    N95 Mind of it's own!

I have an N95 which has suddenly started doing it's own thing.

It started with it turning itself off and on, then randomly ringing people.

It is now impossible to turn the phone on without it going crazy, I switch it on then all it does is go through menus trying to call last number, connect to wap, send mms, all completely randomly and I cannot stop it.

I have tried to do a reset using the call button + * + 3 but all that happens is the phone starts as normal then goes mad again, with me unable to get into any menus or control what it is doing. Without getting into the menus I cannot do a hard reset.

Firmware has been updated and memory stick has been formatted and now removed.

I tried getting in touch with 02 but as it is now out of warranty they didn't want to know.

I have cleaned the phone(under keypad & battery contacts) using a make up brush to remove any dust(just in case),

Can anyone help with any ideas please?

andie666, Feb 1, 2017
  4. Microsoft edge mind of it's own

Welcome to the TenForums @mikef1234

Difficult question to answer about problems if you remove. If Edge is opening it for its settings (????) then it would be a guess on my part to tell you otherwise. Programs usually don't take over, except may be Malware, and usually have to be assigned. I would leave IE alone and reestablish all of Edge's defaults.

Start Menu => System => Default apps

At the bottom of the right window, click on "Set defaults by app". When Window open scroll down to Edge and left click once. It will do some processing and on the right it will tell you how many defaults Edge has of the ones it could have.

Below that click on "Set this program as default" and you should see the count above change to all, like 9 of 9. Then try Edge settings again.

If you decide to remove IE then I would have a working process to restore my drive image should it all head south.

Many members here recommend and use Macrium Reflect. It free and reliable. There is a tutorial on the subject within the forum.

Caledon Ken, Feb 1, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft edge mind of it's own

1. Microsoft edge mind of it's own - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge mind

2. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  3. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  4. Game Mode has a mind of it's Own!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode has a mind of it's Own!: Game mode is shut off followed guide for turning off in registry but keeps turning off and on while playing certain games steam account Don't know what to do further. Certain games are unplayable. Any help would be appreciated. Running windows 10 with latest updates as of...
  5. Mouse has a mind of its own!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse has a mind of its own!: I use a Logitech wireless mouse. Ever since the latest Windows 10 upgrade my mouse moves at random times - frequently - and clicks on its own. Most commonly, it moves to the lowest right corner and brings up the calendar, but it moves and does other things on its own, too....
  6. Windows Has A Mind Of Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Has A Mind Of Its Own: My PC has suddenly started doing wierd things. The cursor moves all over the screen on its own. Open panes get minimised, new panes get opened. Spreadheets move around. A strange pulsing bubble appears on the screen. This all makes the PC unusable for a while until it settles...
  7. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...
  8. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...
  9. mouse has mind of its own

mouse has mind of its own: Sometimes my mouse opens links when it moves over links as if i doubleclicked them on purpose. when I did not. There is no rhyme or reason when, how, or why.. Sometimes it will open every link and sometimes it wont. How do i fix this? I have tried different mice, touch...
  10. Cursor has a mind of it's own!

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor has a mind of it's own!: I installed W10 over Win7 Ultimate a few days ago. There are many 'quirks', most just take getting familiar with the new OS, one though, is more than just a 'quirk', and is just getting out of hand. Whether using an offline app or online website, the cursor arbitrarily...