Windows 10: Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD

Discus and support Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not in youtube, Netflix, Disney plus or Amazon videos. Just the same stereo sound as Chrome. YET Edge propagandists say it is better sound. Anyone care... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD

sdowney717, Jan 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 13, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 13, 2020
  4. NVG84 Win User

Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD

Default monitor setting for Microsoft Edge

Thanks, suggest put it on the list of enhancements for the next version of Edge.

NVG84, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD

1. Microsoft Edge, my tests show no enhanced sound, no DD - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge tests

2. Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...: I have been using the same headset for 2 years ...the hyper x cloud alpha wireless. It connects wirelessly to the dongle that came with it which plugs into a USB port. I don't use the Hyperx Ngenuity App to control Equalization, and I don't want to so please don't reply...
  3. Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab is showing in headphones sound properties, but there are no enhancements to...: I have been using the same headset for 2 years ...the hyper x cloud alpha wireless. It connects wirelessly to the dongle that came with it which plugs into a USB port. I don't use the Hyperx Ngenuity App to control Equalization, and I don't want to so please don't reply...
  4. Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements: Hi all,I have followed all the typical solutions to solve the audio issue on Windows. I have drivers up to date check with the original ones too, the speakers are default, services are running properly, driver works etc.The problem looks as follows: the only way I can force...
  5. Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements

Windows 11: sound only in test and only with audio enhancements: Hi all,I have followed all the typical solutions to solve the audio issue on Windows. I have drivers up to date check with the original ones too, the speakers are default, services are running properly, driver works etc.The problem looks as follows: the only way I can force...
  6. Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound

Hulu App windows 10, Microsoft Edge updat no more 5.1 DD sound: It seems like Microsoft Edge has been updated and now on my Hulu app I no longer get 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Digital is gone. I was online with Hulu Techs and they cant figure it out either. I believe it has something to do with the web browser. the hulu app has a...
  7. Sound Control Enhancements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Enhancements: Sitting here listening to Nirvana with new speakers and I am looking for the windows sound enhancements which used to be in sound/speakers/properties but I cant find them. There was acoustic controls to 'fake' auditoriums, street, living room, pipes etc. I am trying to get...
  8. Enhance MS EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    Enhance MS EDGE: This persistent recommendation from EDGE browser is one of many that I either ignore or decline ("No Thanks") each time I open this default browser (I open several times a day). It has become tiresome to ignore. I was coerced to download but turns out it cannot be deleted...
  9. Test Sound

Test Sound: I started a test sound on my speakers and now I cannot make it stop playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-sound/4fc73092-70e5-4e46-8aab-da0a9012462c
  10. Enhancing sound

Enhancing sound: I could use some suggestions on how I can boost, enhance, or otherwise manipulate sound on my laptop. I know this system isn't a multi-media hub, although I do have Kodi and Plex installed. When I watch movies on Netflix or a dvd, the sound is rather bland and flat. Need some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disney plus surround sound isnt working dolby digital 5.1