Windows 10: Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

Discus and support Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manahath, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Manahath Win User

Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error 7d1f7c83-6e22-4e88-85a9-dce4866d1cb2?upload=true.png

As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is not correcting this issue. Anyone able to help me with this?

:)

Manahath, Jul 24, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

Open Edge > top right, click the 3 dots icon > select Settings > under Open With, select New tab page > under Open new tab with, click the pointer and select Top sites or Top sites and suggested content.
    That's it.
    See if that works now.
    If still problematic, and if you have CCleaner, open CCleaner, left side under Windows, make sure top 6 boxes are checked, then run CCleaner.

After that, check if top sites are back.

davidhk, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

1. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Tab

2. Is it possible to disable the function, that tabs in Microsoft Edge are displayed as a "new...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to disable the function, that tabs in Microsoft Edge are displayed as a "new...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wuffi7707 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krb6te/is_it_possible_to_disable_the_function_that_tabs/
  3. New tab and top sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New tab and top sites: My computer updated today and now the top sites do not show up when I open a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-tab-and-top-sites/b69d074d-be84-4cf4-a049-babc3a268532
  4. Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug with Top Sites icons on Edge's New Tabs page: Hello, I have set Edge to open a new Tabs page showing my popular websites as icons that I can click on. Usually the icons should look like this: [ATTACH] However, for some reason lately, Edge is showing the icons as follows: [ATTACH] Also, notice that YouTube doesn't...
  5. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

in Browsers and Email
    Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+: One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config Code: browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows[/quote] Default is two [img] Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning I entered 3 so I have 3 rows...
  6. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  7. Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, and the "Top Sites" on the Startup page seems to have disappeared. I don't remember installing any software or drivers lately. Any suggestions as to how to get the "Top Sites" back will be appreciated. Thank you again. 41750
  8. Edge: how to add a top site

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: how to add a top site: I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE. In my favourites, I store many websites. But the sites I use daily, I would like to add to top sites. I would not like to wait until Edge decides when to...
  9. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...
  10. Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox: How to: Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox How to Change Number of Rows for Top Sites on New Tabs Page in Firefox Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. By default, Firefox displays...