Windows 10: Microsoft Edge no longer working

Discus and support Microsoft Edge no longer working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After installing the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4517211), Microsoft Edge no longer works. It is missing its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bluecew, Sep 28, 2019.

1. bluecew Win User

Microsoft Edge no longer working

Microsoft Edge no longer working f838411a-6c12-4167-bbb0-c8f13dc851ff?upload=true.png

After installing the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4517211), Microsoft Edge no longer works.

It is missing its icon and name, and upon opening the app it just crashes immediately.

:)

bluecew, Sep 28, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge can no longer be found on my computer..?

I was told today at Willows Center, Edge can be found on my apps, no longer there. I was told it cannot be deleted!

Help!!!!!!

Patricia Mauch, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge no longer working

Microsoft Edge can no longer be found on my computer..?

Hi John,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to view Microsoft Edge browser icon in the live tiles?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As per your query, I suggest you to check in the all apps list for Microsoft Edge browser.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start button or press
      Windows key
      on the key board.

• Click on All apps and check for
      Microsoft Edge
      under M section.

• Right click on Microsoft Edge and select
      Pin to Start.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge no longer working

1. Microsoft Edge no longer working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge longer

2. microsoft edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge not working: microsooft edge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-not-working/fbbfdf7d-ff64-45f0-b571-6632c4dcfaa5
  3. Netflix no longer works in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix no longer works in Edge: Netflix no longer works in Edge browser for me. I'm on 1909. It stopped working after Edge browser was upgraded to the new one I think. I get error code D7701-1003 submitted by /u/teutonicnight99 [link] [comments]...
  4. AdBlock on new Microsoft Edge no longer works?

in Browsers and Email
    AdBlock on new Microsoft Edge no longer works?: Hello, since the update for Microsoft Edge to version 84.0.522.63, where some pretty serious changes were made, I can't use the app "AdBlock" from BetaFish (from the Microsoft Store) anymore. Up to now I could always see AdBlock and Ghostery in the bar at the top and...
  5. Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen: I lost my Microsoft edge in my lock screen. upper left corner. Can someone please help me get edge back into the upper left corner of my startup lock screen. It will come on if I hit the windows key and the letter L. However on startup there is nothing there. This causes...
  6. Microsoft Edge No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge No Longer Working: When I try to launch Microsoft Edge I get this error that the side by side configuration is incorrect. I've tried everything online to fix this and nothing seems to work....
  7. Start menu and Edge no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Edge no longer work: I initially installed KB4517389 without a problem. However, I coincidentally experienced problem with a Personal Cloud that I suspected could be due to the update and I uninstalled the update. The server problem turned out to be drive failure, and I reinstalled the update but...
  8. Microsoft Edge not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge not working: Hi, my computer says it's not connected to the internet so I'm using chrome instead. How can I tell Microsoft to let me uninstall and re-install Edge using Chrome rather than the useless microsoft browser?...
  9. Microsoft Edge not Working

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge not Working: Hello, I updated my windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I made Google chrome my Default browser. Both Google chrome and Firefox are working perfectly. I tried to open Microsoft Edge but get errors such as: " Can't reach this page & make sure I have the right web address." ....
  10. Start, Store, Edge no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Store, Edge no longer working: I have had Windows 10 since it was available, and everything was working fine til just recently. Edge, Start, store, Cortana, no longer work. I did find a fix on You-Tube ( using powershell), that was only temporary, at best. It seems to work for a few minutes when I boot up,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4517211 EDGE LANGUAGE