Windows 10: Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DragonFireDon22, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

I still have all of my favorites intact under

%AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites

However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all.

How can I fix this issue?

One thing I did was that I messed with %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Reco very\Active

before this happened. I renamed some files, copied it to another folder, etc.

:)

DragonFireDon22, Apr 20, 2016

2. Alphabetizing my favorites

I have both internet explorer and Microsoft edge. I currently am using edge, but on internet explorer, my favorites are in alphabetical order whereas in edge, they are not. How can I change that in Microsoft edge?

MartyPonnech, Apr 20, 2016
  3. My favorites

Hi Casey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Are you referring to Internet Explorer favorite Feature?

Please refer to the below article “Get Started with Microsoft Edge - Tips and Tricks for the new user.” By Mr. Andre Da Costa to know more on Microsoft Edge and refer to the section “How do I import my Favorites/Bookmarks
    into Microsoft Edge?” and follow the steps.

Please click on below link to redirect to the article:

Get Started with Microsoft Edge - Tips and Tricks for the new user.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 20, 2016
  4. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

DragonFireDon22, Apr 20, 2016
  5. egray Win User
    Let me make sure that I understand the situation...

• You previously could access your favorites in Edge using the normal technique of clicking on the "hub" icon (the 3 little lines) and then the "star" icon to switch to the favorites pane.
    • But now, you can't access those favorites from inside Edge?

... or are you talking about accessing the favorites from *outside* of Edge (like using the File Explorer)?

egray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

1. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge opening

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge Favorites delay opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites delay opening: Hum, after some M$ updates my Edge Favorites drop down panel is as slow as Jobs turkey on Thanksgiving eve. I am not happy and will voice my opinion even though this forum does not like it. Anyone know why it is so slow now? - - - Updated - - - In Edge, the Favorites...
  6. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  7. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  8. Pinning favorites open in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning favorites open in Edge: I had previously tried the Beta version and discovered that there didn’t seem to be a way of pinning open my favourites panel (NOT bar) and having them stay open when the browser is closed and reopned. I had already had to change from having it on the right with Internet...
  9. Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Folders in my Favorites in Microsoft EDGE: I upgraded to Windows 10 and imported my Favorites from IE 11 without any problems. I was able to open any of my folders in my Favorites for the 1st week. Two days ago whenever I clicked on any of my Folders in Favorites not only wouldn't it open but EDGE kicked me back out...
  10. Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge: Has anyone found a method to open multiple favorites in Spartan/Edge? IE always has had the ability to right click a favorites folder and choose the option to open all favorites in the folder at once. I have yet to see any discussion or find a method to do so. Perhaps it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favorites not opening

2. favorites not opening edge

3. quick access c \users\margaret\appdata\local\packages\microsoft.microsoftedge-8wekyb38bbwe\ac\microsoftedge\user\default