Windows 10: microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages

Discus and support microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 and Microsoft edge for my web experience and have done so for some time now. everything worked fine up until a couple of weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GEBrown1951, Nov 7, 2018.

1. microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages

I am using windows 10 and Microsoft edge for my web experience and have done so for some time now.

everything worked fine up until a couple of weeks or so, ago.

now, when viewing some websites that have videos in the content, some of those videos open up and after it looks as though they will play, the screen just goes black.

not all videos on those websites, just some.

have recent windows updates caused that problem?

what do you think needs to be done?

thx

:)

GEBrown1951, Nov 7, 2018

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge automatically plays videos on websites

Not true, this is a misconception. Edge behaves like other browsers. If the web page wants to play the video without visitor interaction, the page does so and Edge shows it. If the web page does not want to start the video automatically, then Edge does
    not play it until you start it yourself. As other browsers do as well. So, please complain to the website in question.

B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen, Nov 7, 2018
  4. microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages

Microsoft Edge and lack of video playing capability

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What is the error message which you receive?

• Is the issue confined to a particular website?

• Are you getting this issue only while playing videos online or the videos saved on the computer?

• Can you playback videos using other web browser?
    I understand that you have issues with Microsoft Edge. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if Adobe is enabled in edge.

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages

1. microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages - Similar Threads - microsoft edge playing

2. Display is distorted and flickering in some web pages and Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display is distorted and flickering in some web pages and Microsoft Teams: Icons are also distorted in microsoft teams. Display also flickers when changing tabs from the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-distorted-and-flickering-in-some-web/26a6ec15-ff13-4793-b942-d687fb53c8b0
  3. Fix Microsoft Edge not displaying web pages or text correctly

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge not displaying web pages or text correctly: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is a web browser developed by Microsoft Corporation. Today, it has become one of the most popular web browsers. It also comes with enhanced security features that provide users with a secure browsing experience. While browsing the internet, some users...
  4. Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language: For some unknown reason, on my desktop and laptop Chrome and Microsoft Edge display some specific web pages in a foreign language (Sinhala)*. This does not happen with Internet explorer. Its very annoying. I am convinced this has something to do with my Microsoft account...
  5. Some web videos cannot be played after system cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some web videos cannot be played after system cleanup: My Firefox had been worked well for years. However, it cannot play media on some websites any more after a system cleanup weeks ago (I cleared Delivery Optimization Files at that time). Everything works alright on YouTube, but videos from Facebook, Twitter, Reddit cannot be...
  6. Will the new Microsoft Edge support the "http://" web pages?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will the new Microsoft Edge support the "http://" web pages?: And will the new Microsoft Edge display ANSI .txt files in my mother tongue Czech? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-new-microsoft-edge-support-the-http-web/2fd93ef2-153f-4136-b3ba-f4b434b806d8
  7. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...
  8. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  9. Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?: One of the things I use a lot with Internet Explorer is dragging a shortcut from the address bar to the Desktop (actually shift-dragging, or it makes a silly .website shortcut). How can I do this in Edge? 9525
  10. Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge videos not playing

2. videos are not playing in webpages microsoft edge

3. microsoft edge video not playing

4. videos not playing on webpages,
  5. why windows edge not playing chat videos,
  6. some videos will not play on edge,
  7. edge will not play videos in web pages,
  8. microsoft edge videos not playing