Windows 10: Microsoft Edge now starts with Windows 10 after clean install of October winver 1809

Discus and support Microsoft Edge now starts with Windows 10 after clean install of October winver 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On one of three of my computers (an older Dell XPS laptop, L701x) I recently did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. The most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RenHuntsinger, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Microsoft Edge now starts with Windows 10 after clean install of October winver 1809

On one of three of my computers (an older Dell XPS laptop, L701x) I recently did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. The most irritating feature I cannot yet fix is, upon startup, Microsoft Edge also automatically starts. This is not happening with my two desktops, both also running winver 1809. I did not do a fresh install with them, so they apparently installed with old settings intact, including not having to supply a pin or password to login, they just boot into Windows the way I want them to. Apparently a fresh install does not allow that either anymore. Or at least I can't figure out how to avoid it without creating a completely new account, if even that would work. I can live with that for now, but I would like to not have Edge start up automatically every time I start the computer.

So far I have followed a procedure suggested at the following site: Group Policy and Mobile Device Management (MDM) settings for Microsoft Edge

In Edit Group Policy I was instructed to find and disable: Allow Microsoft Edge to pre-launch at Windows startup, when the system is idle, and each time Microsoft Edge is closed.

I disabled it, Microsoft Edge continues to load on Windows startup.

If anyone knows how to solve this unnecessary feature I would be very appreciative.

:)

RenHuntsinger, Oct 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 clean install issues

What's the deal with Windows 10 fall Creator update version?
    I thought the fall Creator update was final so I used the media creation tool and downloaded the latest fall Creator update from Microsoft. I did a clean install, installed the latest chipset drivers and the latest Intel management driver exc exc..

Problem number one is Microsoft Edge browser. It launches but when I type in the search bar and click enter Edge does nothing for close to two minutes. If I type in Google, Bing by default shows me google.com and when I click on it nothing happens. If I give it a few minutes the web page will open. I've tried going into settings and resetting Edge and also repair with no avail. My saved bookmarks never show up.. anybody have any ideas?

Problem number two, if I click on start, my app window opens, and I see all the shit that I don't want installed so I right click and select uninstall but yet the app icon remains. I actually have to select unpin for it to disappear. Even if I go into settings and select apps and select uninstall it does the same thing. It says it's uninstalled but yet that app icon remains..

I've checked all my drivers and everything is up to date as well as any Microsoft updates for Windows..

Problem number three..

The Microsoft store, I click on it and it takes a while to open up, and then when I select check for updates it gives me a whole list and it tries to update but gives me an error. If I let it sit for a while they'll install properly.

I've reset my modem and router believing it's connectivity issue but still nothing.

I've done 2 clean installs and the same shit keeps happening.

Back to problem number one with edge browser. I install Firefox and it works like a charm. Has anybody else encountered these issues and if so have you found a fix? Any help in these issues would be greatly appreciated.

fullinfusion, Oct 17, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge now starts with Windows 10 after clean install of October winver 1809

New updates for Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809 have been released through Windows Update, but they are not installing.

Microsoft has released new updates for Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809, but are not installing.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge now starts with Windows 10 after clean install of October winver 1809

1. Microsoft Edge now starts with Windows 10 after clean install of October winver 1809 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge starts

2. Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809: winver 1809 - When I wake up/ start my laptop it goes to a generic Windows user. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete and switch user, to get to the page that used to be open whenever I opened my laptop. This is most annoying, more so before I figured out how to get to my user...
  3. After installing build 1903 but winver still shows build 1809 ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing build 1903 but winver still shows build 1809 ???: Hi guys, I would like to try windows build 1903 so I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1903.exe" file. Everything went smoothly during the installation process. But after the installation I checked via winver it still shows build 1809. So how can I install build 1903 on my pc?...
  4. Clean installation of 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean installation of 1809: After finishing with the clean installation of 1809, how to update my drivers to their latest version for better and faster performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-installation-of-1809/ae5ba098-6520-4450-bf74-3701d6f1a5f1
  5. 100% disk usage after updating to winver 1809

100% disk usage after updating to winver 1809: i just updated my windows to latest win 1809 version and now i have a problem.. its showing me 100% disk usage by system in task manager and pc is slow... any help will be appreciated.....
  6. Windows 10 October Update 1809 Problem after installation

Windows 10 October Update 1809 Problem after installation: Update 1809 was installed on 25 December 2018 All my installed applications are showing that they were installed on 25 December 2018, though they were installed much earlier....
  7. clean install of 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1809: hi joydeep sir after done with clean install of 1809 how my drivers will get updated to its latest version for better and fast performance . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-of-1809/5fba8ece-5996-4346-8455-374a04533f79
  8. Clean Install Windows 10 1809 October Update and Got BSOD(Blue Screen of death)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Install Windows 10 1809 October Update and Got BSOD(Blue Screen of death): Hi Dear, I'm using "ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN" Notebook. Previous Day i download windows 10 1809 from Microsoft website and clean install it. After That i download intel driver from intel official website according to my Notebook Processor...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809

Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809: This is amazing. I purchased a Windoiws 10 Pro Installation DVD and fresh installed it on my Laptop. It installed the Winver 1809 which is the version of Windows 10 with October 2018 Creators Update. Next day Windows Update downgraded it to version 1803. Now when I try to...
  10. Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.: I know that by rebooting the PC that this restores the start page and I also know that the start page is a script part of which logs me into my Microsoft account. Does anyone know how to run the script without having to always reboot the computer.? 80721