Windows 10: Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2

Discus and support Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop w/2 monitors, total of 3. I've been using Edge for almost a year, it was on one of my extended monitors and stayed there, always opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GB2018, Jan 6, 2020.

1. GB2018 Win User

Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2

I have a laptop w/2 monitors, total of 3. I've been using Edge for almost a year, it was on one of my extended monitors and stayed there, always opened up on this monitor. Now, after some update, or something, it opens up on the other extended monitor. Each time I boot up and start using my computer now and open Edge it opens up where I don't want it, I drag it to the 'original' monitor where it's stayed put for a year and close it from there. Edge refuses to stay put on this monitor, where I want it to stay. ALL other browsers; I can put wherever I want, I close them, reopen them and they open where I closed them. Why does Edge not comply? Thanks for any response.

BTW; I found the 'answer' to the previous requester's question on this topic insufficient;

"you cannot directly launch apps on the extended screen" I've been launching Edge on my extended screen for 12 months.

:)

GB2018, Jan 6, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor

When I start Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 it always starts on my Monitor 1. I can drag it over to the extended desktop on Monitor 2 quite easily but I expect it to start on that monitor the next time I launch it (without having changed monitors or settings
    of course). Other programs do behave this way. Is there a setting I'm missing to get Microsoft edge to start on my extended desktop monitor?

CliffHouse, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2

Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may open the Edge browser in Monitor 1 and drag the window to Monitor 2. Now simultaneously press Ctrl key on the keyboard and click on "X"(exit button) on the Microsoft Edge.

Now you may try to open the Edge browser again to check if it open in the Monitor 2.

Note: If you restart the computer, you need to perform the above procedure again.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2

1. Microsoft Edge on Extended Desktop Monitor 2 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Extended

2. Monitor as Extended Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor as Extended Desktop?: Greetings all, I found a computer that I didn't know I had........hummnn.......It has an ASUS motherboard, win 7, 32bit, as an OS............There is on-board video (PCI type port) which works fine utilizing the typical port (PCI?) from the motherboard. 1).....I want to...
  3. 2 Monitors win10 extend option

2 Monitors win10 extend option: Added another monitor to my 1 monitor win10 system. Every thing looks good. I am using Nvidia Video card. Problem: Main monitor No problem. Second monitor when i open an application such as Firefox it opens on my main monitor too. When I drag an app or doc over to second...
  4. Windows 10 not extending to 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not extending to 2 monitors: Hi, I updated to windows 10 and bought 2 monitors to extend the display. However, it seems that the monitor is not extending properly even if I chose the extend display in the multiple display option. I read in the discussion thread to press Microsoft+X then select display...
  5. Extending a wallpaper over 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extending a wallpaper over 2 monitors: I have 2 27 inch monitors, and I want to find a wallpaper that would span over the both of them. The issue I’m having is that they both have different resolutions. The monitor on the left is 1920x1080 144hz and the one on the right is 3840x2160 60hz. What resolution wallpaper...
  6. Extending 2 Dell Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending 2 Dell Monitors: Hello! I am very technologically challenged, and I am trying to EXTEND (not mirror) my 2 desktop Dell monitors. My computer only has one vga port, and my monitors have hdmi cables. I bought a uGreen hdmi female to vga male adapter but I still can't figure it out. I...
  7. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2
  8. black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays: This issue is almost driving me crazy! People where I work use 2 monitors used as extended displays. All the extended displays work fine on Windows 7, but when I upgrade or redo the PC with Windows 10, black lines are on the monitor(s). Sometimes the lines are thin and in...
  9. Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen: Howdy, I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays. What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and...
  10. Extending the Microsoft Edge Bounty Program

in Windows 10 News
    Extending the Microsoft Edge Bounty Program: Over the past ten months we have paid out over $200,000 USD in bounties. This collaboration with the research community has resulted in significant improvements in Edge security and has allowed us to offer more proactive security for our customers. Keeping in line with our...