Windows 10: Microsoft Edge opening window position

Discus and support Microsoft Edge opening window position in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yep, surely is. Like you I'd never used it, just thought I'd take a look. For interest, you may already know of Nir Sofer's Zipinstaller for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Irene, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Microsoft Edge opening window position

Thanks for the info, I would of repped you, but I have to spread a little more love*Smile

Cliff S, Sep 10, 2016
  2. Irene Win User

Oh no! It no longer works! *cry

When I booted-up this morning, it was back to the same old practices.
    So it's back to the drawing board again. *Sad

Irene, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Are you using Ccleaner, if yes have you selected Window Size/Location Cache in the advanced tab?

Microsoft Edge opening window position [​IMG]

This should remain unselected unless you want to reset back to Windows defaults.

Cliff S, Sep 10, 2016
  4. Irene Win User

I do use CCleaner, but not on this occasion.

Also, for the record, none of the items listed under 'Advanced' are checked.

Irene, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    What happens when you place Edge where you want it for a while,, then maximize Edge to full screen
    for a bit, then Restore Down icon
    in the window controls?

Does it restore down to where it was?

Cliff S, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Irene Win User
    It went full screen without any problem, then after a short while back to the position it left.

So, all okay there...

Irene, Sep 10, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Can you confirm you installed ShellFolderFix and that it's configured to start on log-on?

dalchina, Sep 10, 2016
  8. Irene Win User

I have definitely installed ShellFolderFix. It was not configured to start at logon, but I have now checked the box.

I must admit that I have not changed anything (until now) in the configuration. Perhaps there are others which should be amended?

Irene, Sep 10, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Ok, so try repositioning Edge and then try a restart now the program will be launched at login.

dalchina, Sep 10, 2016
  10. Irene Win User
    ShellFolderFix did start at login, but when I opened Edge it was positioned on the upper left-hand of the screen. *Sad

Irene, Sep 11, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Of course Edge is a universal app not a desktop program, and as such, could well not be picked up by the older shellfolderfix. Different programming paradigm.

Firefox uses a .exe - Edge doesn't.

dalchina, Sep 11, 2016
  12. Irene Win User
    Does that mean we're barking up the wrong tree and need to search further for another solution?

Irene, Sep 11, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

It means that past solutions for 'normal' traditional windows may not work with universal apps. On the other hand, you did say it did seem to work...

Bear in mind we're looking for a fudge fix for an underlying Windows problem.

What happens with other of your universal apps - Photos, Groove, Store etc?

dalchina, Sep 11, 2016
  14. Irene Win User
    As far as I can recall, everything else I use behaves in an acceptable manner.

It it is odd that it appeared to work initially.

I wonder if it would help if I uninstalled, then reinstalled ShellFolderFix?

Also, I have not yet installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update - I've been holding back to allow the teething troubles pass. *Rolleyes

Irene, Sep 11, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Just a thought on the AU update. If you have any questions about doing this I would make sure to make a system backup then you can try the AU. If it should mess up you can go back easily to the previous version.

It's hard to say if you will have issue with the AU ahead of time. Some, like me, haven't had any and others have. So.. it's a case by case situation.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge opening window position - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge opening

2. Opening up Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening up Microsoft Edge: I changed information on my Microsoft profile and now Microsoft edge will not open on my desktop. I tried restarting. I looked for updates. I need help. It is pinned on my bar, when I click it, nothing pops up on my on my screen. I can see the front page if I scroll over the...
  3. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  4. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  5. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Cortana
  6. Microsoft Edge is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge is not opening: HiI am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? ThxAlain**...
  7. Microsoft Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge not opening: Hi I am having problem to open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Version 20H1 OS Build: 19043, 1110.I have tried clean reboot, restarted my laptop, repaired/modified the browser and still no success in getting it to open. I don't know what to do next. Any helps? Thx Alain**...
  8. Microsoft Edge Not Opening Maximised

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Not Opening Maximised: I am slowly using microsoft edge more with Windows 10. Today i altered the default search engine from Bing to Duck Duck Go and closed the browser. On reopening the browser I couldn't get Edge to open in a maximised state unless I clicked the option in top right corner. I...
  9. Microsoft edge opened randomly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge opened randomly.: So i was typing on another browser i use, and Microsoft edge randomly opened by it's self. It didn't open a page or anything, it just started and it took me to the start page, like when you open microsoft edge, it will say "start page" on the tab. But i looked at event...
  10. microsoft edge will not open

microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e