Windows 10: Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

Discus and support Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I created my daughter an account on my PC using her Microsoft account. My own PC account is a local account, not a Microsoft account.Ever since I added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hybiepoo, Sep 7, 2022.

1. hybiepoo Win User

Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

I created my daughter an account on my PC using her Microsoft account. My own PC account is a local account, not a Microsoft account.Ever since I added my daughters login to the PC, my Edge Chromium browser thinks I'm her, even though I'm signed into the PC as my local account, and the browser using my own Microsoft account, which is the Family Manager.The requests come through to the Family app saying that my daughter is requesting access to the website that I'm trying to view.I've tried different profiles in Edge, but nothing has worked. Very frustrating to the point where I'm ready to ditch

:)

hybiepoo, Sep 7, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

I can't use certain features on Forza Horizon 3 due to parental control.

Hi,

If you're using a child account, there are certain limitations imposed on your Xbox account. This could be the reasons as to why you can't access certain features on the game. To resolve this issue, you need to manage the privacy and online safety settings
    of your child account by using the parent account associated to it. To give you an idea, only the parent account is eligible to manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child account. To get started, kindly perform the following steps:

• Sign in the parent account on this link.
    • Select the Child account.
    • Make the changes that you need on the privacy and online safety settings.

Let us know with the result after performing the suggested solution above.

Ariel Acu, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge parental

2. Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts: I created my daughter an account on my PC using her Microsoft account. My own PC account is a local account, not a Microsoft account.Ever since I added my daughters login to the PC, my Edge Chromium browser thinks I'm her, even though I'm signed into the PC as my local...
  3. Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge parental features can't distinguish between accounts: I created my daughter an account on my PC using her Microsoft account. My own PC account is a local account, not a Microsoft account.Ever since I added my daughters login to the PC, my Edge Chromium browser thinks I'm her, even though I'm signed into the PC as my local...
  4. How to make Microsoft account parent account?

How to make Microsoft account parent account?: I got Xbox game Pass for PC recently, but I noticed that some of the games are hidden due to Parental settings. When I search for 'Doom: Eternal', for example, it tells me "Due to your age, search results may be filtered." I'm well over 18 years old, so I don't see where the...
  5. How to make it easier to distinguish between folders and files on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make it easier to distinguish between folders and files on desktop?: Hi, it is difficult for me to distinguish between files and folders as in Windows, the icon of a file is also shown in each folder. Is there a way to make it easy to distinguish between the two types? For example, on the Mac, folders are in solid color while files look...
  6. Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello cannot distinguish between identical twins.: Hello, I got a new computer recently and it came with a feature I have never had on a laptop before, and this feature is windows hello. I have had computers in the past, some which had finger print sensors, while most of the others had the standard password and pin number...
  7. Having trouble distinguishing between wired and wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble distinguishing between wired and wireless networks: My PC has two Gb Ethernet adapters and a WiFi adapter. One of the Ethernet ports is not connected to anything and the other is connected to the router via a Gb switch. The router provides three WiFi networks: KRPMD, KRPMD-5G, and a hidden guest network. I've just replaced...
  8. Can't login to parent account.

Can't login to parent account.: When I open google chrome it tells me to ask a parent for permission. I know how to fix this, the problem is just that I can't log in to the parent in my family's email. We tried logging in to her email, but no emails showed up. This must mean that it's connected to another...
  9. "Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    "Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge: It blows my mind (small explosion, I admit) that Microsoft Edge didn't come with a "Save As" feature when downloading something from the internet allowing us to change the name of the file as well as the location in which it is being saved. And I was hoping that with updates...
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...