Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Password Manager

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Password Manager in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows Ten and very impressed so far. I also really like Edge, but have a few issues which hopefully I can get help... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by robertswatson, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge Password Manager

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Windows Ten and very impressed so far. I also really like Edge, but have a few issues which hopefully I can get help with.

1. The password manager does not work and neither does the autocomplete forms. They are both turned on in advanced settings and I have rebooted to no effect. I do not get offered to remember passwords and the "Manage passwords" is empty. These features work great on both Chrome and Firefox which I may have to revert to if this cannot be fixed.

2. The Home button if shown does not take to the Home page you have set, it takes you to the Edge Home page so I have had to add an link to my Home page on the favourites bar. I cannot see an option for a new tab to take you to you own home page it offers start or blank.

3. I cannot see a way to edit and rearrange the favourites bar as you could easily do with IE, Chrome or Firefox.

I hope someone can help with the above as I do really like Edge and I have searched the web for answers to no avail.

Robert

:)

robertswatson, Jan 26, 2016

2. Password Manager in edge not working

Dear Microsoft! I was wondering about password manager in edge. I have switch turned on to enabled but it does not seem to be working. It does not pop up to offer to save passwords. Any ideas?

Or Are you working on extensions to work with edge as I prefer to use RoboForm. They say at present you don't allow extensions in edge. I need some sort of password manager that works for me to try to use edge.

Right now I have to use IE or chrome or firefox as edge is a flop without password manager and some other extensions that are useful. Any plans for the future?

FrankHoriuchi, Jan 26, 2016
  3. TrueRock2 Win User
    Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

Paterant,

I'm not suggesting that Edge be used for anything except fixing the Credential Manager error.

Changing a web password in Edge is done for no other reason than a work-around to re-set the web credentials database so that the Credential Manager will start working again.

Obviously the Edge password-change facility is mostly useless. Edge is a product that is obviously about 30% complete and it is going to take Microsoft a couple of years to complete the development of the Edge browser. But, we can use Edge as a tool to
    fix Credential Manager.

TrueRock2, Jan 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Microsoft Edge Password Manager

Hi, considering just the password issue..

First,let's check 'offer to save passwords' is on - from what you say, you should be seeing this:

Microsoft Edge Password Manager [​IMG]

Note that you should also turn on the “Save form entries” option as well.
    How Microsoft Edges Password Manager Works - Edge Talk

The bar at the foot of the browser offering to save the password only appears when you click 'Login' (or equivalent).
    What happens when you click 'Login' having filled the credential fields?

For reference (I'm assuming you've done all this):
    Microsoft Edge Offer to Save Passwords - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    (I'm betting you've done all the above, but not heard of difficulties with this ...yet.)

dalchina, Jan 28, 2016
  5. 2. The Home button if shown does not take to the Home page you have set, it takes you to the Edge Home page so I have had to add an link to my Home page on the favourites bar. I cannot see an option for a new tab to take you to you own home page it offers start or blank.

How to set your home button if you have not done so is
    go to the 3 dots

Left click
    Then Settings
    Then advanced settings

Then home button
    Type in what you want it set as
    Mine is Bing
    Then click
    Save

If you have done that already then
    I do not know what is causing the problem

hTconeM9user, Jan 28, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I don't use Edge, but you have provided a good source of information that is worthwhile to keep on file.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Password Manager

1. Microsoft Edge Password Manager - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Password

2. Is there a password manager for microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a password manager for microsoft?: Won't use it very much mostly just need my accounts and passwords backed up remotely. I use google password manager but clearing local history in chrome can cause the disapperance of passwords. Don't want to just have a .csv file completely unencrypted on onedrive but do need...
  3. edge password manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge password manager: How to save edge password manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-password-manager/bacc9e27-43f4-451c-9413-c894861c9e90
  4. edge password manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge password manager: How to save edge password manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-password-manager/bacc9e27-43f4-451c-9413-c894861c9e90
  5. edge password manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Looking for a password manager for Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a password manager for Edge Chromium: As the title says I'm looking for a password manager that works well with Edge Chromium. Yes, I know I can store and synchronise my password's in Edge, but I want a strong password generator as well which will suggest secure passwords automatically when I sign up to new sites...
  7. manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge: Plz help for manage-view-saved-passwords-Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft-edge/990bd62b-b81e-4bab-b9aa-88a42ab6d38c"
  8. Password Manager Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Manager Edge: Hi. I love the password manager but previously when I opened some sites, the Edge PM asked to remember password but I chose not to. Now each and everytime I go to that site I keep on entering PW manually. How can I undo that? So that next time I login I don't have to enter...
  9. Show managed password in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Show managed password in Edge?: Hello. New to Edge. I have imported my favorites from Chrome, all went well. The passwords did not come along of course, so I will have to enter them again when I access the pages. Now here is my question. On some of the pages, I can't remember the password, so I must open...
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Manage your Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...