Windows 10: Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

Discus and support Microsoft Edge PDF file problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chaver, Feb 2, 2016.

1. chaver Win User

Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you all - make a copy of your message before you submit your message.

Microsoft Edge (MSE) is MS new offering in Windows 10 for viewing PDF files, I like it with one big BUT.

MSE will not open files from a Subst drive/folder, a facility I use a lot.

I have a NAS drive used as a backup/server and despite several complaints on the web files on my NAS drive can be viewed OK.

Examples:
    1. Data Drive F: (Physical Drive)
    file:///F:/P/ABC/Removal%20Documentation/Job%20Documents/Job%20123/Air%20Test%20123.pdf
    MSE opens this file OK

2. NAS Drive (Mapped as U: )
    file:///U:/ABC/Removal%20Documentation/Job%20Documents/Job%20123/Air%20Test%20123.pdf
    MSE opens this file OK

3. Subst P: F:\P (Subst used to create drive P: )
    file:///P:/ABC/Removal%20Documentation/Job%20Documents/Job%20123/Air%20Test%20123.pdf
    MSE displays
    Hmm, we can’t reach this page.

Physically this file is the same as Example 1 but MSE does not find the file.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be fixed or should I look for a different PDF Reader?

:)

chaver, Feb 2, 2016

2. Computer Freezes when Opening PDF File

This refers to corrupted Microsoft Edge component. So don't bother to install/ reinstall any PDF software, there is a problem in Edge. As for me I've just encountered the same issue with PDF files, and I don't have any 3rd party PDF app installed in my
    system as I use Microsoft Edge for opening PDF files. So something got corrupted today, so I got file explorer to freeze(((

MaxBrownPRO, Feb 2, 2016
  3. could not open pdf files in microsoft edge in lumia 640 xl

Hi everyone i have problem in my microsoft lumia that it could not open the pdf file in microsoft edge or in any other program related pdf from tomorrow otherwise it running fine with the same pdf files.

manojkanzariya, Feb 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi Chaver,

When I look at 1 vs. 3, I see a difference. Not sure if this is a typo but the directory on drive F: seems to have a folder called P in which the ABC folder resides. This is not showing in example 3 and may be the reason the file is not found.

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  5. chaver Win User
    Hi Phil - No that is as it is - the P folder on the F: drive is used by Subst to create the P: drive. All the examples were swiped (ctrl C) from the address MSE was using - shown at the top on MSE.

chaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge PDF file problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge PDF

2. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  3. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  4. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue

in Browsers and Email
    PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue: Hi All, Normally you can associate a file type with any app that works with that type of file. I have always changed a file type of a app when I do a clean install of Windows or install a different app. I recently installed Perfect PDF 9 Editor so I could read and edit any...
  6. PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue: Hi All, Normally you can associate a file type with any app that works with that type of file. I have always changed a file type of a app when I do a clean install of Windows or install a different app. I recently installed Perfect PDF 9 Editor so I could read and edit any...
  7. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  8. Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge: Hi, Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this matter? Thanks in advance [ATTACH]...
  9. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...
  10. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]