Windows 10: Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.

Discus and support Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my computer forced me to update today and when i opened it it decided to bring up Edge n it wouldn't leave until i closed it with task manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FyreFirefox, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.

Hello, my computer forced me to update today and when i opened it it decided to bring up Edge n it wouldn't leave until i closed it with task manager.

Then unpinned it but there was a space still there. and sure enough, when i right click that "free" space Microsoft edge is there and i can't unpin it.

Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar. 291766e8-634b-47e7-bb18-619eb9f8252b?upload=true.png

Why do this? When i restart it's back where it was before as if I'd never unpinned it.

:)

FyreFirefox, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Trying to pin 'Microsoft Edge' to taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would like to suggest that you follow the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.
    Try to pin Edge to taskbar and check if the issue still persist.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

We appreciate the information you've provided. The latest build for version 1703 is 15063.483, so if you don't have the latest build installed, we suggest installing them by going to
    Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates.

This could also happen if you have any programs that modify how Windows normally looks that might override the Pin to Taskbar function. To find out if any other programs are preventing you from pinning Edge to the taskbar, perform a clean boot. This will
    load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, minimizing the risk of software conflicts. Check if you could pin Edge to the taskbar while in a clean boot environment by following the steps

here

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'd also recommend creating a new user profile to check if this is caused by a corrupted user profile. You may find the steps for doing that through this link.

Let us know if you're able to pin Edge to the taskbar after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.

1. Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar. - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge pinning

2. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  3. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  4. There is an invisible app pinned in my taskbar and I want to remove it

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is an invisible app pinned in my taskbar and I want to remove it: I was updating the drivers for my graphics card and for some reason, I pinned the installer to my taskbar. When it installed my drivers, the installer app was deleted, but Windows is still trying to pin that app, which leaves an "invisible" pinned app in my taskbar. How do I...
  5. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  6. The Microsoft Word icon on my taskbar is invisible

The Microsoft Word icon on my taskbar is invisible: Yesterday, I launched my computer and saw that the Microsoft Word icon on my taskbar was invisible. I managed to fix it by unpinning it and then pinning it again, but today it was gone again. I can still move it around, and launch Microsoft Word by clicking it, I just can't...
  7. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  8. Windows 10 Edge Invisible on Taskbar

Windows 10 Edge Invisible on Taskbar: Hi, I recently started upgrading our Domain to Windows 10, once the machines were added and the correct Group Policies applied, Microsoft Edge is invisible on the taskbar. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks...
  9. Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar: I tried right clicking on the file and shortcut but it only says Unpin from Start, and also tried dragging and dropping, but just shows a error symbol on my mouse and takes file back to its position on the desktop. It just randomly disappeared from my taskbar and was left on...
  10. Invisible Microsoft Icons in Taskbar and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Microsoft Icons in Taskbar and Search: tried deleting somewhat named "..."cache.db already. didnt help after restart picture: [img] 89964