Windows 10: Microsoft edge pops up automatically for more than 800 tabs on how to get help in windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft edge pops up automatically for more than 800 tabs on how to get help in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, windows edge is just driving me nut by opening more than 800 tabs in how to get help in windows 10. I can't work on anything, as soon as I click or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by michellechaow1, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft edge pops up automatically for more than 800 tabs on how to get help in windows 10

Hi, windows edge is just driving me nut by opening more than 800 tabs in how to get help in windows 10. I can't work on anything, as soon as I click or type a word then it runs another tab. Please advise how can I stop this.

:)

michellechaow1, Jan 31, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 31, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Microsoft edge pops up automatically for more than 800 tabs on how to get help in windows 10

Microsoft Edge + Tabs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that there is no such feature in Microsoft Edge were the pop-ups open in new tab.

I would suggest you to refer to the below link:

Microsoft Edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/microsoft-edge

If you have any further queries related to Windows feel free to post on Microsoft Community we will be glad to help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft edge pops up automatically for more than 800 tabs on how to get help in windows 10

1. Microsoft edge pops up automatically for more than 800 tabs on how to get help in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge pops

2. How do I set up a kiosk with more than on tab?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up a kiosk with more than on tab?: I'm setting up a kiosk as a public browser, but need to have three pre determined tabs for the three websites that the user would need to access and can't figure out how to do this. Is this even possible?...
  3. How do I set up a kiosk with more than on tab?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up a kiosk with more than on tab?: I'm setting up a kiosk as a public browser, but need to have three pre determined tabs for the three websites that the user would need to access and can't figure out how to do this. Is this even possible?...
  4. How do I set up a kiosk with more than on tab?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  6. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  7. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Automatic updates hurt more than help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic updates hurt more than help.: Hello to my fellow Windows 10 users. I am writing in an effort to possibly shed light on Microsoft's insistence that updates be automatic. Every time (that is 100%) Microsoft sends an update, my machine craps out. Is this a "planned obsolescence" tactic? Last night, I...
  9. Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices: Thank you to all our customers and partners for helping us achieve 800 million #Windows10 devices and the highest customer satisfaction in the history of Windows. Source: Microsoft by the Numbers Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 128486
  10. Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support': Hi, So my windows 10(Laptop) keeps blocking me with popups of the windows help and support which opens up in edge. It keeps continuously opening a large no: of the same link in a large no: of tabs. Whenever this happens my mouse cursor freezes and I'm not able to use the...