Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Preloadings

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Preloadings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home edition, I understand that gpedit is not available on this version. CCleaner says it cannot clean "sessions" due to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Toeknee7734, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge Preloadings

I have windows 10 home edition, I understand that gpedit is not available on this version. CCleaner says it cannot clean "sessions" due to the preloading settings of Edge. I want to clear this so it can. I was directed to gpedit, then to the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main but again not found. Must be located somewhere else. But I need to know how to clear this preloading issue so I can do a complete cleaning when I run CCleaner. What is the solution if any? Thanks!

:)

Toeknee7734, Dec 24, 2019
  2. RickC Win User

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Local Group Policy Editor

If you use the .reg file in step 3, it will disable the preloading.

Brink, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge Preloadings

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Preloadings

1. Microsoft Edge Preloadings - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Preloadings

2. How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Preload New Tab page feature on Microsoft Edge: If you have customized the new tab page, it might take some time to load it every time. To reduce the opening time, you can preload a new tab page for a faster experience in the Edge browser. It is possible to enable or disable the preload of the new tab page feature from the...
  3. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts: What are the Win 10 preloaded user accounts? I used to have Administrator, Public, and our local accounts. Recently that changed. Public was dropped and Default Account, defaultuser, Guest, and WDAGUtilityAccount took its place. Was this from an update?...
  4. Desktop preload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop preload: Hi there! On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On? (without using startup scripts) submitted by /u/Pascaleiro [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 preloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 preloaded: Hi, so i bought a laptop from a guy , i understood that it has windows 10 already preloaded on it so i don t need a cd or usb , it s a lenovo t420 , but the guy pulled the hdd out of the laptop to keep it , now i m confused like how to activate windows from bios (if i have...
  6. cant uninstall preloaded app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant uninstall preloaded app: im trying to remove Bing from my PC, I cant locate the app to uninstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-preloaded-app/744e1ff3-f945-4ddb-9169-6e5110f8e115
  7. Onedrive preload to avoid long download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive preload to avoid long download: Hello, My wife has a laptop that I setup OneDrive on and she has approx 130GB of files synced. I am also in the process of setting her up a second computer that we want to have her same OneDrive account synced to. I know if I just load the second pc with OneDrive, it will...
  8. Stop Windows 10 from preloading Microsoft Edge on Startup

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows 10 from preloading Microsoft Edge on Startup: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/stop-...t-edge-startup Came across this today.I believe I know that it is next to impossible to uninstall Edge from the OS but I wonder if any of you have tried this and if so are there any noticeable changes? TIA. 117636
  9. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen, Preload Desktop: "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. " Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart...