Windows 10: Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off

Discus and support Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set Edge to not run in the background so it won't prevent my display from shutting off until i run Edge at least once and close it. I check task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xCONFLiCTiONx, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off

I have set Edge to not run in the background so it won't prevent my display from shutting off until i run Edge at least once and close it. I check task manager and it is still running. And at this point the display refuses to shut down. The only fix is to kill Edge in the task manager.

When i was 1809 I had the same exact issue except it was the Pandora App doing this and it wasn't running in the background so I don't know what is causing this.

Windows 10 x64 1903

:)

xCONFLiCTiONx, Aug 1, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Display

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue is might be related to display drivers.

I suggest you to update your display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.
    For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off

1. Microsoft Edge prevents my display from shutting off - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge prevents

2. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  3. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  4. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...
  6. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  7. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display randomly shuts off: I recently build a new computer and it has been working fine except for one issue. My computer will randomly shut the screen off while everything else is still running. I can hear sound through my headphones and all the fans and RGB are still on. The only way to shut the...
  8. display edges off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    display edges off.: display edges falling off screen after update. I have no graphic card, only using the one on board. also using a normal monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/display-edges-off/c4927fe7-d947-41ad-b5a7-d67b4f65ac8e
  9. Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge not Working starts/shuts off immedietly: Hi Everybody, I wanted to try Microsofts Edge but I get a weird thing happen.. I goto Launch from the Win 10 Start menu and it looks like it is going to start then turns off almost immediately.. I do not get an error message it just does not start and stay running.. I...
  10. Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port: I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport...