Windows 10: Microsoft Edge printing XPS File/Format; print system doesn't allow prints.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge printing XPS File/Format; print system doesn't allow prints. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! This has been an issue for quite some time. We use PaperCut to print to our printers. However, I can see that when someone prints from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [CapMReynolds], Sep 5, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge printing XPS File/Format; print system doesn't allow prints.

Hello!

This has been an issue for quite some time. We use PaperCut to print to our printers. However, I can see that when someone prints from Microsoft Edge, it shows up using XPS file and not PCL6 (our drivers are PCL6). This in turn doesn't print the document even though it's registered.

Is there a way to make Edge use PCL6 and not XPS?

:)

[CapMReynolds], Sep 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Print webpage from Windows Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can print any webpage easily to your printer, PDF file or XPS file in Microsoft Edge browser using below steps:

• Open webpage that you want to print in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on "More actions" link (This is link with three dots (...) at right side on address bar)
    • In "More actions" menu, Click on "Print" to open Print Settings dialog
    • In Print Settings dialog, select Printer that you want to use. Select "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" if you want to print to XPS document or select "Microsoft Print to PDF" if you want to print webpage to PDF file. You can also select any physical
      printer to print webpage to paper.
    • Select other print options like print orientation, pages that you want to print, scaling, margins and option to print page headers and footers.
    • Click on "Print" button in Print Settings dialog to start printing current webpage to your selected printer.
    • If you have selected Microsoft XPS or Print to PDF as Printer, Microsoft Edge will save generated XPS or PDF file to your Documents folder with current webpage title as file name.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Basith M Win User
    windows 10 print

Hi Joe,

I suggest you to try the following steps to print webpage from Internet Explorer 11 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/print-webpages#ie=ie-11

You may also try the following steps to print from Microsoft edge.

• Open webpage that you want to print in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on "More actions" link (This is link with three dots (...) at right side on address bar)
    • In "More actions" menu, Click on "Print" to open Print Settings dialog.
    • In Print Settings dialog, select Printer that you want to use. Select "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" if you want to print to XPS document or select "Microsoft Print to PDF" if you want to print webpage to PDF file. You can also select any physical printer
      to print webpage to paper.
    • Select other print options like print orientation, pages that you want to print, scaling, margins and option to print page headers and footers.
    • Click on "Print" button in Print Settings dialog to start printing current webpage to your selected printer.

If you have selected Microsoft XPS or Print to PDF as Printer, Microsoft Edge will save generated XPS or PDF file to your Documents folder with current webpage title as file name.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge printing XPS File/Format; print system doesn't allow prints.

Printing from microsoft edge

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

To serve you better, please provide us with the following details:

• Are you facing any issue with the printing in Internet Explorer/

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Also delete all the caches in Microsoft Edge.

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the suggestions given by Giridhar in the following thread.

How to Print in Edge

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge printing XPS File/Format; print system doesn't allow prints.

1. Microsoft Edge printing XPS File/Format; print system doesn't allow prints. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge printing

2. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge: When I print using Microsoft print to PDF printer option in Microsoft Edge it asked me for the destination for the PDF file to go to, which I then choose. However, it also automatically downloads to my Downloads folder giving me two copies in two separate destination folders....
  3. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge: When I print using Microsoft print to PDF printer option in Microsoft Edge it asked me for the destination for the PDF file to go to, which I then choose. However, it also automatically downloads to my Downloads folder giving me two copies in two separate destination folders....
  4. Printing with the update of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing with the update of Microsoft Edge: How do I print a document from my email or any other internet site. When I try to print a window appears to save or cancel. If I cancel the print page disappears. If I save the document, go to my library and attempt to print, all I get is the same "save or cancel" message....
  5. Print to Microsoft XPS document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to Microsoft XPS document: I recently unchecked the box to the Microsoft XPS printer because it always popped up when I wanted to print something. Now since I unchecked this option I cannot get files from Quickbooks to be saved to a pdf file. How do I get back into the area to recheck this box. QB...
  6. Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge

Can only print after printing from Microsoft Edge: Hi all, My computer HP Compaq 15 Notebook has been having trouble with printing for a long time now and I am finally trying to get on and fix it. I am trying to print to a brother HL-2270DW printer. All of the other computers in my household have no issues printing from it,...
  7. MIcrosoft Edge won't print

MIcrosoft Edge won't print: Hi Microsoft edge won't print, control and P doesn't work and ever when you press the 3 dot and try to print from there it doesn't work. I can print off other browsers and word....
  8. Edge printing

Edge printing: I'm unable to print when using Edge. I can print in Chrome ok. I didn't have a problem in printing in Edge before I updated to 1809. Printer works fine on other MS programs. I'm using a Canon TR8520 printer....
  9. Print Queue doesn't accept all dropped files to be printed

Print Queue doesn't accept all dropped files to be printed: Hello, I'm working to print more than 200 files everyday, as Windows 10 doesn't allow more than 15 files at a time, I'm using Print Queue to do that, but Print Queue doesn't accept all dropped files to be printed.. for example if I drop 15 files into print queue, only 1 to 4...
  10. XPS printing from Edge browser does not print images to XPS

in Browsers and Email
    XPS printing from Edge browser does not print images to XPS: Hi all, hoping this is something you can assist with... I don't have a printer so I often print websites to XPS file - so that i can view them offline on my phone I use Microsoft Edge (on WIn10 64) to print websites like wikihow articles to XPS (using the built in XPS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge pdf pclxl error