Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Question

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Edge Browser to set up a shortcut on my desktop to my library. When I Log In to the library, I check the box to Remember me on this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jerry8A, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Jerry8A Win User

Microsoft Edge Question

I use Microsoft Edge Browser to set up a shortcut on my desktop to my library.

When I Log In to the library, I check the box to Remember me on this device.

However, when doing that, I entered an incorrect User Name. So now when I Log In, that incorrect User Name pops up in the Look-In box. See screenshot.

I contacted the library and this is what they said:

Hello again,

I'm glad you are no longer having a log in issue. Have a look at your browser settings to clear the errant username. It should be under something about forms or saved form data.

Thank you,
    Marianne

I have checked my browser settings for a link that would clear my Username entries, but all I can find are links to clear passwords, addresses, etc.

Is it possible to clear a User Name from appearing in the Look-In box?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Microsoft Edge Question [​IMG]

:)

Jerry8A, Nov 21, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge Question

Couple Windows 10/Microsoft Edge Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to change the default download location in Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open File Explorer.

• Right click on Downloads and select
      Properties.

• Select Location tab and click Move
      and then select where you want to have your downloads to be saved.

For more information about Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Question

1. Microsoft Edge Question - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Question

2. question in edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question in edge: I have Windows 11 and my MS edge is not working. It just froze up when I open it. I cant even browse single page since from the start it will not work. On my Windows 10 I use edge and it is working fine....
  3. question in edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question in edge: I have Windows 11 and my MS edge is not working. It just froze up when I open it. I cant even browse single page since from the start it will not work. On my Windows 10 I use edge and it is working fine....
  4. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  5. Edge UI Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge UI Question: Hello, I want to be able remove the swipe left-to-right task view, while still keeping the downswipe to close applications on a touch win10 machine. I have disabled allow edge swipes in the local group editor policy section, but that removes them both. Is there anything I...
  6. Microsoft Edge questions

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge questions: Hi I have the build 10162 of Windows 10 and am configuring Microsoft Edge. How do I make sure that, when I open this browser, a specific web page is opened? How do I add a search provider? In his address bar, how I always display the full address? The settings...
  7. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  8. Edge Question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Question: Hi, I am new to the forums and I have no idea where to begin to ask the question or even where I should be looking in the threads, so if this has been answered previously, I am sorry to ask you to repeat the answer! I am having a problem with the "favorites bar" disappearing...
  9. Edge question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge question: Hi, In Internet Explorer you can limit the Internet Cache disk space to use in Internet Properties. How does Edge handle its cache? Is there an option to do so, or is it handled automatically? 88977
  10. edge question

in Browsers and Email
    edge question: hi got windows 10 installed looks good so far however got many guestions about edge 1 how do I get a new page to open my home page 2 how do I get the favorite bar small icons 3 how I can import and export favorites/cookies 4 how I can change the edge download...