Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Randomly Restarts My Laptop

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Randomly Restarts My Laptop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every so often Edge restarts my laptop. I have never even seen a bsod or an error message of any kind. Very frustrating. I've tried with/without... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fugitive, May 17, 2021.

1. fugitive Win User

Microsoft Edge Randomly Restarts My Laptop

Every so often Edge restarts my laptop. I have never even seen a bsod or an error message of any kind. Very frustrating. I've tried with/without extensions and the result is the same. My Windows 10 version is 20H2 OS build 19042.985 and my Edge version is 90.0.818.62. I use McAfee Livesafe and NordVPN. If anyone has an idea of what to try (I can follow step-by-step instructions) or how to diagnose the problem I'd like to hear from you. Thanks!

:)

fugitive, May 17, 2021

2. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 17, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 17, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge Randomly Restarts My Laptop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Randomly Restarts My Laptop

1. Microsoft Edge Randomly Restarts My Laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Randomly

2. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts: this problem happened a week ago. Even while I'm playing games or just watching YouTube, There is no blue screen My laptop just freeze audio go brrrrr and then it restart itself ,I have updated all my drivers, and I have the latest windows updates. I tried updating BIOs,i...
  3. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts: this problem happened a week ago. Even while I'm playing games or just watching YouTube, There is no blue screen My laptop just freeze audio go brrrrr and then it restart itself ,I have updated all my drivers, and I have the latest windows updates. I tried updating BIOs,i...
  4. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop randomly restarts??

My laptop randomly restarts??: My laptop randomly restarts??This problem has now occurred to me several times. My laptop works fine but after about 1 week and a half my laptop starts restarting itself randomly whenever i am using it. It restarts more than 20-30 times and then the problem fixes. But again,...
  6. My laptop randomly restarts??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly restarts??: My laptop randomly restarts??This problem has now occurred to me several times. My laptop works fine but after about 1 week and a half my laptop starts restarting itself randomly whenever i am using it. It restarts more than 20-30 times and then the problem fixes. But again,...
  7. My laptop restart in random moments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restart in random moments: Nastąpił ponowny rozruch komputera po operacji wykrywania błędów. Wyniki tej operacji były następujące: 0x00000050 0x00007ffd375ec9da, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80268477242, 0x000000000000000f. Zrzut zapisano w: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Identyfikator raportu:...
  8. My laptop restart in random moments

My laptop restart in random moments: Nastąpił ponowny rozruch komputera po operacji wykrywania błędów. Wyniki tej operacji były następujące: 0x00000050 0x00007ffd375ec9da, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80268477242, 0x000000000000000f. Zrzut zapisano w: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Identyfikator raportu:...
  9. My laptop restart in random moments

10. My Laptop keeps restarting randomly

My Laptop keeps restarting randomly: So this has been going on a while now, everytime I log on and go on my laptop it randomly restarts and I don't know why. Like, i'll have 10 maybe 14 minutes of time on it before it restarts. It would say 'restarting' with that little circle going around it then it restarts...