Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro and Edge is still resetting my safesearch settings and opening new tabs every time I click on a link. Almost every day I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnFourtyTwo, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and Edge is still resetting my safesearch settings and opening new tabs every time I click on a link. Almost every day I have to go in and reset these manually but the next day they go back to defaults. It used to happen a few times a year but now it's almost daily. I've cleared cache, cookies, history, etc. but that doesn't work.Would appreciate some help on making this permanent and not having to deal with this every time I get an update which seems to be daily since they go on in the background whether I like it or not.

:)

JohnFourtyTwo, Nov 27, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

1. Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Resetting

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and Edge is still resetting my safesearch settings and opening new tabs every time I click on a link. Almost every day I have to go in and reset these manually but the next day they go back to defaults. It used to happen a few times a year but now...
  6. Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Resetting Itself: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and Edge is still resetting my safesearch settings and opening new tabs every time I click on a link. Almost every day I have to go in and reset these manually but the next day they go back to defaults. It used to happen a few times a year but now...
  7. Edge resetted itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge resetted itself: I was using Chromium Edge until now and today 15.02.2021, when I launched Edge, I saw that all my bookmarks, passwords etc. are gone. My account was still signed in. I tried to import data from old Microsoft Edge but it just imported the old data, not my data I have on new...
  8. Microsoft Edge Beta downloded by itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Beta downloded by itself?: In my recently added tab I have Microsoft Edge Beta even though i’ve never downloaded it. I’ve run virus scanners and nothing has popped up. The app functions just like Microsoft Edge so I’m not too worried. But why would I have the beta version download by itself? submitted...
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  10. reset microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    reset microsoft edge: how do I reset zoom to 100 in Microsoft edge there is no indicator which shows if I am zoomed in or out 137946