Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error?

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Microsoft Edge browser no matter what website I go to this error pops up. I've tried a bunch of different things already with no prevail.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Josh7, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Josh7 Win User

Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error?

In Microsoft Edge browser no matter what website I go to this error pops up.

I've tried a bunch of different things already with no prevail.

Anyone got a fix for this? I'd Appreciate it.

Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error? [​IMG]

:)

Josh7, Jul 2, 2016

2. I get error message "ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT" while opening facebook through Google chrome and EDGE

There is a problem connecting securely to this website
    The security certificate presented by this website is not secure.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this web page and do not continue to this website.

sow I can't connect to facebook on Microsoft edge and yahoo too

adrianromeo, Jul 2, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    The security certificate issue with Microsoft Edge

That message results when you attempt to reach a secured website (https) and the internet's security mechanism for verifying the identity of a website's owner (known as the security certificate) is unable to vouch for the owner's identity.

That could mean several things: Scariest of all, it could mean that the website is now controlled by a hacker who will try to attack you if you go to that website. It could also mean that the website's legitimate owner forgot the renew their website's certificate.
    (It's typically valid for a year.) It could also mean that the browser needs to receive an updated list of root certificate authorities (that provide information on the validity of security certificates.)

There's not much you can do about this, aside from running Windows Update (to check if there is an updated list of root CA's) or possibly visiting the website with a different web browser.

This article explains the issue in more depth. It's written in the context of Internet Explorer but applies equally to
    Microsoft Edge (and all web browsers.)

BulldogXX, Jul 2, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Are your date and time are correct (on your clock in the taskbar)?

lx07, Jul 2, 2016
  5. hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Security

2. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Certificate Wifi Error: When I try to connect to my school wifi it gives me a page saying connect to wifi, The Wi-Fi you are using BISD-BYOD may require you to visit its login page and when I click connect it just sends me to http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204 which is just a white screen, I really...
  3. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Certificate Wifi Error: When I try to connect to my school wifi it gives me a page saying connect to wifi, The Wi-Fi you are using BISD-BYOD may require you to visit its login page and when I click connect it just sends me to http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204 which is just a white screen, I really...
  4. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Certificate security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate security: I have noticed my computers are acting weird. Anti-malware has been run on both computers. My laptop started a download called "ELERA". This is said to be a touch pad driver however this is not the case. My desktop has an usual traffic as well there, applications are opening...
  6. security certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security certificate: I keep getting a security certificate warning because the one I have is outdated. How do I get a current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-certificate/50fb16c8-dc1a-402f-8283-d483aaf7eeef"
  7. Security Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Certificate: I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of these error messages because my security certificate has expired. They want a rather hefty sum to reinstate my certificate....
  8. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors: My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems. The following two url's are basically for the same site, due to a change in the name of the government department at some or other stage. Daily...
  9. MS Edge Problem with website security certificate

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Problem with website security certificate: Just recently Edge has been giving me an error message stating "There is a problem with this site's security certificate" when I try to log onto my work site remotely. I know the site well, have spoken to their IT department and have been assured the certificate is up to...
  10. Disable Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Disable Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable SSL Certificate Error Overrides in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...