Windows 10: Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I've had this problem for about 2 years, and I feel I've tread about everything there is to try. Of any simillar problems I've found on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DSAW93, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DSAW93 Win User

Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

Hi!

I've had this problem for about 2 years, and I feel I've tread about everything there is to try.

Of any simillar problems I've found on the forum, none are answered. The problem came out of nowhere (at least as far as i know, not after a major update etc), and was not present in the first 2 months of using windows 10.

Basically, I can browse the web on Google Chrome no problem, but Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive and Apple Software Updater wont connect.

Many people seem to have the same Issue - but again, no solutions, despite 2 years of updates since at least I got this problem.

I have been to Microsoft stores in both Canada (Vancouver) and USA (Los Angeles), but they could not identify the problem.

Needless to say I've spent a lot of time on this, which is annoying, so heres to hoping someone else has the same issue and knows how to fix it. Yes I've done all the basic things, such updates, restarted the machine, turn firewall on and off, reset browse etc, + a whole list of more complex things I cant remember all at the top of my head.

The only lead I have so far is;

My IPV6 Connectivity says No Internet Access. IPV4 is good.

I'm assuming there is something that is restricting the computer system from connecting to something. But I cant figure out what.

Windows 10, 1903

Please help, and thank you! Too much time has been sunk into this already!

:)

DSAW93, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

cant connect to Hangouts and Skype. windows 10

Hi Dianne,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

• Have you tried to connect to hangouts or skype using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get same error message?

I suggest you to try using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer and check if you are able to connect and use Google hangouts and Skype. Get back to us with the results to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Skype and Google Chrome unable to connect to Internet

• Are you able to access other browsers and applications? The only internet requiring thing i was able to access was Microsoft Edge
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google chrome and Skype? If not, I suggest you to reinstall and check if it works. I tried Reinstalling Skype multiple times but never Google Chrome
    • Is there any other applications causing the same issue? I also had a problem accessing an online game i play
    • Can you find any error message on the screen? There were no error messages on the screen when i tried accessing theses items
    I had tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi multiple times and went through troubleshooting and found no answer to my problem. I will try re downloading Windows 10 when i get the chance to follow those instructions you sent me in Method
    2 because i downgraded back to 8.1 on my PC.

JustynCarr, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

Windows 10: Explorer, Edge, Skype stopped working. Getting message error "Hmm, we can't reach this page" in Edge and "this page can't be displayed" in Internet Explorer.

Hi Eugenia,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "my provider", are you referring to Internet Service provider?
    • Are you able to use Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge?

I suggest you to check if default Skype app is installed on the computer by following steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Skype" without the quotes in the search bar.

3. Check if there is any default skype app displaying the search list.

4. If it is present, then try to access the skype.

If skype is not installed on the computer, then try to install it through Windows Store.

1. Open Windows Store.

2. Then type Get Skype in the search bar of Store and click on it.

3. Try to install it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using skype for connecting to Internet, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

1. Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Skype

2. Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet: A few days ago I noticed that my Outlook would no longer connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server. I have one account run via Google, and this worked fine, but I couldn't receive or send messages via the desktop Outlook app any longer through Microsoft-based accounts. On the...
  3. Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Software will not connect to the internet: A few days ago I noticed that my Outlook would no longer connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server. I have one account run via Google, and this worked fine, but I couldn't receive or send messages via the desktop Outlook app any longer through Microsoft-based accounts. On the...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  5. Microsoft apps wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft apps wont connect to internet: Recently, the microsoft apps on my computer Microsft Smart Screen, Cortona, The new weather/news feed button at the task bar, and everyting else wont work. Google works, some games work, but these microsoft apps dont work. I reset the network on my cmoputer, and then it...
  6. Microsoft Edge Update *Software?*

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Update *Software?*: Hello.So, I had Chromium on my PC and I of course wanted to delete it. None of the deleting options worked for me, so I decided to use a third party software to do so called Bulk **** Uninstaller BCU. I while I was uninstalling Chromium, I came across Browser Assistant on my...
  7. Apple Update Software

Apple Update Software: I'm trying to find the link to install the 'Apple Update Software' program. I inadvertently uninstalled it. And, I don't see the 'search' box in the lower left corner after I activate the 'windows' icon and can't enter the recommended verbiage....
  8. apple software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apple software update: HOW DO I INSTALL APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apple-software-update/164afa35-69eb-4c38-90f7-17b142d81a2a
  9. Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype: basically, i'm trying to play minecraft on a apple product with the windows 10 version. when i try to install it, it says i don't have any "applicable devices" ... so i tried to add a device to my microsoft account. one of the ways to add a apple device is with skype. so i...
  10. Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!: I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc. I can only go on internet when using Microsoft Edge,and the computer said that it has connected to the internet when I put the cursor over...