Windows 10: Microsoft Edge speed/performance

Discus and support Microsoft Edge speed/performance in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've seen several people state that they've noticed that Edge now performs better than Chrome and that they feel like it's faster. I've used Chrome as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BrownianMotion, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge speed/performance

I've seen several people state that they've noticed that Edge now performs better than Chrome and that they feel like it's faster. I've used Chrome as my default for years and always found it to be lightning fast. I don't find Edge to be slow necessarily, but when compared to Chrome, it doesn't really compare.

So I'm wondering if there are certain settings that some of you may have that may boost Edge's performance - either in the Advanced settings or about:config?

The only extension I'm using in Edge is ABP.

:)

BrownianMotion, Aug 13, 2016

2. Microsoft edge is slow

So I knew chrome was fast but I still wanted to use Microsoft edge as it was the default. Before this is how it was:

Microsoft Edge speed: Normal

Google Chrome speed: Fast

Now it is

Edge: Slow

Chrome: fast

Basically chrome hasn't changed but edge has gotten worse. Is this an isolated or is this common and how can I fix it?

Octavio S., Aug 13, 2016
  3. Speed And Performance

Windows 10 is Super Slow!

Rahat Hameed, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge speed/performance

1. Microsoft Edge speed/performance - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge speed

2. Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?: [ATTACH]Ever since Microsoft has released Microsoft Edge, it has been one of the best browsers in every aspect. It is also a Chromium-based web browser, that is well-known for its speeds. However. some users are experiencing a slow download speed on Edge. We have a few fixes...
  3. Edge not performing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not performing: microsoft tried to upgrade edge on my pc, and now i cant do anything all my files have gone the bottom bar on the screen is just a white strip there is no icons the off button is not there I have to switch off my pc by the button on the pc I can't access settings I can't do...
  4. Edge not performing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not performing: microsoft tried to upgrade edge on my pc, and now i cant do anything all my files have gone the bottom bar on the screen is just a white strip there is no icons the off button is not there I have to switch off my pc by the button on the pc I can't access settings I can't do...
  5. Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Scrolling is one of the most used features on any browser, and Microsoft is rolling out scrolling improvements in Edge. The primary goal is to […] This article Performance Scrolling improvements in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. Performance Speed - Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Speed - Slow: I have a HP laptop with 4.00 GB Ram (3.89 GB usable) with the AMD E2 - 9000e RADEON R2, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C + 2G 1.50 GHz The performance of the laptop is slow not that I tried to play any games but in general the laptop is slow. The laptop will take time to respond after a...
  7. Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge performance and efficiency: For many people who have almost exclusively used Modern and Desktop IE, do you guys notice that Microsoft Edge consumes far more RAM and much higher idle CPU usage than Modern/Desktop IE? One way to test this is to open cnn.com on both browsers one at a time and observe...
  8. Performance, speed questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance, speed questions: I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought I'd start here. I recently bought a new laptop that I thought would be fast performance wise. Imagine my dismay when the new computer runs slightly slower than my nearly 4 year old laptop, according to performance benchmarks and...
  9. Delivering fast JavaScript performance in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering fast JavaScript performance in Microsoft Edge: In Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge we’ve made a lot of performance advances in the Chakra JavaScript engine. All with the goal of letting your JavaScript code run faster, taking as much advantage of the underlying hardware as possible, so that the web you create and experience...
  10. JavaScript performance updates in Microsoft Edge and Chakra

in Windows 10 News
    JavaScript performance updates in Microsoft Edge and Chakra: Since we first started work on the Chakra JavaScript engine, it has been our mission and priority to make JavaScript faster for the real world web, and to continuously improve the experience of browsing in Microsoft Edge (and previously Internet Explorer). We’ve had a very...