Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Still Not Connecting

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Still Not Connecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't want to be included in any "homegroup". IE is working fine. I'd like to use Edge but my system says I'm not connected to any network hence I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trembuzz, Sep 3, 2015.

1. trembuzz Win User

Microsoft Edge Still Not Connecting

I don't want to be included in any "homegroup". IE is working fine. I'd like to use Edge but my system says I'm not connected to any network hence I can't change from public to private!
    Does anyone have a "workaround"? Upgrade from W7

:)

trembuzz, Sep 3, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge not connecting

Hi Aaron,

To better address you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the error message when you're trying to open a website?
    • Have you also tried using the System File Checker? If you haven't, you may check this
      thread to know how to perform it.
    Note that if the error is caused by file corruption or something similar, Windows System File Checker tool (sfc.exe) might be able to fix the problem.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 3, 2015
  3. microsoft edge not connecting

Hello Kartik,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

We need some more information to assist you in a better way:

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to Microsoft Edge?
    I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system and check the status.

If issue still persists try the methods provided below.

Method 1: Clear browsing data in edge.

Please follow through these two articles.

View and delete browsing history in Edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Method 2: Make edge as default browser

Try the steps below to make Microsoft Edge
    as default browser.

• Go to settings by typingSettings in the search bar next to
      Start button, and press Enter.
    • Click on System option from the window, and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.
    • Under Choose Default apps, scroll down the page, and select
      Set defaults by app.
    • Select Microsoft Edge under
      Programs
      , and click on Set this program as default.
    • Click OK. Close the window, and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Still Not Connecting

1. Microsoft Edge Still Not Connecting - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Still

2. Losing connection but still connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing connection but still connected: A game I was playing randomly lost connection on my PC I was playing on so I closed it and opened my browser and that also wouldn’t connect but I also had another game open in the background which required a constant internet connection which was still working until I closed...
  3. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?: is Microsoft is making suspicious connection to this URL deff.nelreports.net/api/report?Also let us know which data is being sent to this URL & When?...
  4. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?: is Microsoft is making suspicious connection to this URL deff.nelreports.net/api/report?Also let us know which data is being sent to this URL & When?...
  5. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE

NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE: After updating Windows to version 1803, my browser Opera stop to work, then I installed Chrome and Firefox to check, bu the only browser working is Edge. When I open a site in Opera it doesn't work, but after I open the same site in Edge, then it opens in Opera also....
  7. EDGE is STILL a pile of "****"

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE is STILL a pile of "****": I have been using Chrome for quite some tim and just recently (under pressure from Microsoft) switched over to EDGE because "it is so much better and safer than CHROME" What a crock of BS!!!! EDGE is the WORST search engine I have ever seen - - - even worse than IE which I...
  8. Microsoft Edge is connecting, nothing else does.

Microsoft Edge is connecting, nothing else does.: Microsoft edge access the internet just fine. Chrome/Opera/Firefox does not, other programs do not either (Adobe cloud cannot connect, nor any of my school programs). I've flushed DNS. I've done "netsh winsock reset" in admin CMD. I've restored the computer to factory...
  9. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  10. Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!

Internet connection only on Microsoft Edge!: I have installed Windows 10 Pro and I don't have internet on Google Chrome,Mozila Firefox,Internet Explorer,Steam,World of Tanks etc. I can only go on internet when using Microsoft Edge,and the computer said that it has connected to the internet when I put the cursor over...