Windows 10: Microsoft Edge, Store won't connect & Feature update 1803 refuses to install & random PC...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge, Store won't connect & Feature update 1803 refuses to install & random PC... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, For over six months now my PC has been regularly trying and failing to install Update 1803. It gets most of the way through, then fails and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sir Glame, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Sir Glame Win User

Microsoft Edge, Store won't connect & Feature update 1803 refuses to install & random PC...

Hi,

For over six months now my PC has been regularly trying and failing to install Update 1803. It gets most of the way through, then fails and restores the previous version. Meanwhile the Quality updates still install fine. Ughh! It's very time-consuming and frustrating.

Also my internet works no problem (Firefox, Steam, Google etc. all work fine) but Windows itself thinks otherwise. Microsoft Edge does not connect, and says to check my internet settings. Same with Microsoft Store - no connection.

Finally, at random times, my PC locks up. It does this at least once per day. I will be in the middle of working and suddenly everything freezes. The mouse still works but the apps all freeze and nothing responds. I reset the machine and everything is fine again. Uggh! Very frustrating indeed.

I'm sure these problems are all somehow connected to one issue. I've tried a few different fixes but nothing has worked. If you could recommend a solid solution I would be VERY GRATEFUL INDEED!!

Many thanks,

Josh Wright Microsoft Edge, Store won't connect & Feature update 1803 refuses to install & random PC... :)

:)

Sir Glame, Feb 7, 2019

2. update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

And I was wondering why for the past week I wasn't able to install Russian Language Pack on top of my EN distro... They've changed some links in update distribution and now additional features are installed through MS Store, just like android. 1803 came along and LPs are available once again.

I do like the small changes to the interface - looks a lot cleaner and more compact. Though, MS is still trying to force their Edge browser on users...*Bang Head :banghead:

silentbogo, Feb 7, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Edge, Store won't connect & Feature update 1803 refuses to install & random PC...

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge, Store won't connect & Feature update 1803 refuses to install & random PC... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Store

2. Microsoft Store WON'T INSTALL

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store WON'T INSTALL: I've tryed everything I found on the internet, when the cursor is over the install button it shows a red block symbol. If i try to run wsreset it just never ends or shows anything, so I have to stop it. Tried troubleshoting and it found nothing....
  3. Microsoft Store refuses to install Roblox

Microsoft Store refuses to install Roblox: I went to the Microsoft Store to install Roblox, but it just ignores me. I have tried multiple times on different user accounts, but it still doesn't work. I made a screen recording about it if needed. How can I fix this?...
  4. Microsoft Store refuses to install app

Microsoft Store refuses to install app: This may be related to things I did to try and clean up previous failed installations, but now the Microsoft Store won't attempt to install an app I own. Whenever I click the install button, I get a prompt to choose a drive to install to, I select the drive C: in this case...
  5. microsoft store on pc won't update

microsoft store on pc won't update: as around 6 pm mt last night microsoft store stopped working as there was an update for feedback hub and it would start get too 130 kb and then stop and then after about 3 hours all i was getting is a blue circle,as i could navigate to all owned,installed,ready to install...
  6. Microsoft feature update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft feature update 1803: Ok so i don't know why, but the update 1803gave me a problem. Which was that it made my system into an unstable mess. It happened just after I finished installing the update. I thought that it was just my laptop overheating, but when I took care of that it still has that...
  7. Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart

Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart: The system tries to push the update 1803 on a regular basis, but each time it fails to reboot. It hangs after the first BIOS initialisation and Windows tries to take over. Luckily I can get reset the PC and Windows recovers the PC to the former status. It shows the...
  8. Update 1803 won't install

Update 1803 won't install: I've been trying to install this update several times but always the same happens. After it gets downloaded and installed from windows update i'm asked to reboot my computer. Everything goes fine throughout the "shutting down" process, I get the message saying that windows is...
  9. Install Feature Update 1803

Install Feature Update 1803: HI. I looking for some help. Specifically, exactly how do I install Feature Update 1830 which came out a month or so ago, WITHOUT using WIndows Update? I can't use Windows Update because it is clogged up with the constant failure of update KB4074588. Also, Restart is cloged...
  10. Feature Update 1803 wants to install again??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update 1803 wants to install again??: [img] But: [img] AND I've restarted lots of times and KB4100403 appeared to install/update on restart just fine???? SO what should I do now? Thanks David 111072

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge wont connect

2. microsoft windows updates wont connect 2019