Windows 10: Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Why does the web content in the Microsoft Edge tabs look faded sometimes? If you face this issue, you may need to disable the Sleeping tabs in Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10

Why does the web content in the Microsoft Edge tabs look faded sometimes? If you face this issue, you may need to disable the Sleeping tabs in Edge. This can happen if you have not used or accessed that for a couple of hours – but I recently got to see the faded Edge tab a couple of times after I had launched Edge and visited a webpage.

Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10 faded-edge-tab.jpg

Microsoft Edge tabs are faded

If the Edge tabs appear faded randomly at times on startup, you may need to disable the Sleeping tabs feature.

1. Launch Edge browser
    2. Navigate to edge://settings/system
    3. Toggle the switch against Save resources with sleeping tabs to Off.
    4. Restart Edge.

This issue should not appear again.

Alternatively, if you wish to use the Sleeping tabs feature, but disable the Fading effect, you can do that too.

Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10 enable-fade-sleeping-tabs.png

1. Launch the Edge browser.
    2. Open Settings.
    3. Go to System.
    4. Scroll down to the Save Resources section.
    5. Toggle switch against Fade Sleeping tabs to Off position.

When you disable the Fade Sleeping Tabs feature, all the opened tabs in the browser will un-fade and your content will be made accessible immediately.

The Fade Sleeping Tabs feature is being rolled out and if you do not see it, you need for it to be rolled out to your Stable version as well.

Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10 faded-edge-tab.jpg
    This article Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2021

2. Microsoft Store Fading

Hi Angela,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you are facing. Before I suggest you some troubleshooting steps and confuse you more, can you share what exactly happens with the Windows Store?

• What do you mean by fades away? Does it crash?

• Are you not able to sign in to Windows Store? What error message do you get?
    Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, May 5, 2021
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, May 5, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge tabs

2. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  3. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  4. Microsoft edge menu is faded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge menu is faded: All my menus in Microsoft edge is faded. This includes bookmark , dropdowns, and extensions. I can't do anything because the menu is faded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-menu-is-faded/c1622ab9-d585-44a6-9ea1-0d8e10d73db2
  5. Microsoft edge menu is faded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge menu is faded: All my menus in Microsoft edge is faded. This includes bookmark , dropdowns, and extensions. I can't do anything because the menu is faded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-menu-is-faded/c1622ab9-d585-44a6-9ea1-0d8e10d73db2
  6. How to disable Fade Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Fade Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge browser: Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge prevents your PC from becoming slow and sluggish. It puts the background tabs into the idle state and becomes active when clicked. However, when you turn on the Sleeping Tabs feature, the Fade Sleeping Tabs option is enabled by default. This...
  7. Microsoft Edge Shrunk Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Shrunk Tabs: I'm using Microsoft Edge ver. 84.0.515.0 (Official build) canary (32-bit). The problem is, whenever I open more than one full tab, they'll start to shrink until I can barely see them. Even if it's just two open tabs. I didn't have this problem back when I first started...
  8. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  9. Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Mute and Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...
  10. Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...