Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon disappeared after System Restore

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon disappeared after System Restore in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'd like to have the Microsoft Edge Icon on the taskbar again as the only way to access it at the moment is using the search field at the far left of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by blkuesh34, Oct 22, 2015.

1. blkuesh34 Win User

Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon disappeared after System Restore

I'd like to have the Microsoft Edge Icon on the taskbar again as the only way to access it at the moment is using the search field at the far left of the taskbar running along the bottom of the screen and for some reason this doesn't respect the settings I have. In particular, it searches using Bing rather than Google (in the settings I have specified that it should use Google).

Can someone please tell me how to create an icon for Edge on the taskbar?

:)

blkuesh34, Oct 22, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge Does Not Appear in Taskbar

again you're a super duper pro obviously and you know me better than I know myself since I thought all I had installed was battle.net steam uplay chrome minecraft and literally not a single other thing, can you please tell me what else I have installed so
    I can uninstall it? thank you mr obvious computer professional

original question The icon for Microsoft Edge disappeared from the taskbar

icon for Microsoft Edge disappeared from the taskbar

for Microsoft Edge disappeared from the taskbar

Microsoft Edge disappeared from the taskbar

Edge disappeared from the taskbar

interneter, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge Disappeared

Microsoft edge disappeared and taskbar icons and programs disappeared also

BrookeMyers, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon disappeared after System Restore

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum
    The search box only uses Bing, I am not aware of any settings to change this, it is an MS search similar to how Google use Google Now which only works with google searches

For Edge on the taskbar, if you search for it and run it, when it appears on the taskbar can you right click it and select pin to taskbar
    Alternatively Start Menu->All Apps then find Edge and right click and select pin to taskbar

paulsalter, Oct 22, 2015
  5. blkuesh34 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Where would I 'search for it and run it' please?

I forgot to mention also that I tried the Start menu > All Apps route but don't see Edge anywhere. Could it be that it needs to be installed? If so, how would I do that? A reinstall of Windows 10? I didn't see any links when I googled 'download Microsoft Edge' that looked like they would be providing instructions on how to install just Edge.

I think what might have happened is that some parts or even all of Edge were removed by some software I have. I tried to get Edge and some other things back by doing a System Restore. The other things are back but not Edge. Although Edge launches when I use the Search Field at the far left of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, there is no Edge icon on the taskbar and it doesn't seem to be available through Start either.

blkuesh34, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon disappeared after System Restore

1. Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon disappeared after System Restore - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Taskbar

2. Taskbar freezes after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezes after system restore: System restore was successful and now my system went back to normal however I noticed that my taskbar freezes and you need to click multiple times on the apps or on the start menu for it to launch. Restarting doesn't help at all. This is Windows 10 Pro PC HP laptop....
  3. Taskbar freezes after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezes after system restore: System restore was successful and now my system went back to normal however I noticed that my taskbar freezes and you need to click multiple times on the apps or on the start menu for it to launch. Restarting doesn't help at all. This is Windows 10 Pro PC HP laptop....
  4. Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar: Hi,I can not see a preview image/icon in the taskbar for most of Microsoft apps. The taskbar is transparent thus it is not even possible to differentiate the apps at a glance. Please help....
  5. Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar: Hi,I can not see a preview image/icon in the taskbar for most of Microsoft apps. The taskbar is transparent thus it is not even possible to differentiate the apps at a glance. Please help....
  6. System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared: Hello, the last couple of days I am experiencing a very annoying problem. The right side of the taskbar, which includes all the system icons and date and time etc., keeps changing. And it is not in a good way at all. Most of the time it looks like this picture TB1:After I run...
  7. Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps

Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps: This is probably the way that it is, so nothing can be done. I use a single Toolbar for certain Apps. Both Microsoft and 3rd Party. I copy the shortcuts from: Explorer Shell:AppsFolder into the Toolbar folder. I rename those copied shortcuts. The Icons shortcuts...
  8. Disappearing system icons, taskbar

Disappearing system icons, taskbar: SYSTEM ICONS A big problem I am having with Windows 10 right now, is the system icons in the lower right corner, that seem to be disappearing. The key controls are, the power, sound, and wi-fi indicators. It's now Summer 2019, and I have written to support forums, several...
  9. Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar: "Microsoft Store" icon disappear on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-icon-disappear-on-the-taskbar/1617212f-194c-4af8-b95e-2c7da043f87a"
  10. Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?: Very odd behavior for the past several days, would appreciate any input. My taskbar icons, particularly the system icons (Network, Power, Volume) are disappearing/remaining hidden on their own. It's essentially like a carousel, where if I enable an icon in "Settings >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no task bar after system restore