Windows 10: Microsoft Edge TLS Security

Discus and support Microsoft Edge TLS Security in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I run Webmin on my local LAN. Firefox opens and runs this without any problem. When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by aliskander, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Microsoft Edge TLS Security

I run Webmin on my local LAN.
    Firefox opens and runs this without any problem.
    When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing error:

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Can anyone help me find a setting where I can set, as suggested in the error message, the TLS security settings to the defaults?

:)

aliskander, Jul 30, 2017

2. Edge

Edge won't connect to google websites, and keep saying there's a security issue with tls

Jean SébastienMalebranche, Jul 30, 2017
  3. TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults

I WILL NEVER USE MICROSOFT AGAIN....Edge sucks, all I asked was how to reset
    TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

AdamLevine1, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Microsoft Edge TLS Security

I am receiving outdated or unsafe TLS security settings warning when trying too access internet through edge. This has just started. Can anyone help

Fire1fighter, Nov 13, 2017
  5. kaso Win User
    I'm now experiencing the same problem. Can anyone at least reply our questions on this?

kaso, Dec 8, 2017
  6. curatia Win User
    After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately: How to fix Cant connect securely to this page in Microsoft Edge unsafe TLS security settings - YouTube

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 15, 2018
  7. PolarNettles, Jan 15, 2018
  8. MrHudson Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

I get same errors, it only happens when internet speed slows down from to many using same servers.. I notice before the error comes, it will come up Waiting for response from ????.com..
    Centurylink maintenance techs are always screwing up our servers and were getting switch from one to another.. sometimes its like being on a 6 lane highway, then lanes end and your merging over into one lane..

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

1. Microsoft Edge TLS Security - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge TLS

2. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  3. Unsafe TLS security/ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsafe TLS security/ERR_CONNECTION_RESET: I have a client on Windows 10, that cannot access certain websites; two examples are sytner.co.uk and diy.com. In both cases, Edge and IE give the following error: Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security...
  4. TLS security settings

TLS security settings: Recently, I was trying to connect to Facebook and WhatsApp Web's pages, but I couldn't because the following message appeared, every time: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps...
  5. TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge: As announced in October of 2018, Microsoft will soon disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in Microsoft browsers. In light of current global circumstances, we will be postponing this planned change—originally scheduled for the first half of...
  6. TLS Security

TLS Security: Hello, Just today I found that I am unable to load most web pages in MS Edge or even Chrome. Message says my TLS security is preventing access which is because my wpad.home devise is not set up to accept connections on the port World Wide Web Service HTTP. This has only...
  7. TLS security setting

TLS security setting: When I try to login to my Bank for online bill pay, I get the following error message: TLS security setting Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s...
  8. TLS security settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    TLS security settings: how do I reset my TLS security settings back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tls-security-settings/b29e3acf-d709-4b46-8f2c-3fc1581eb163
  9. TLS security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TLS security: just reset my computer completyl wipe clean window loaded new only thing on computer is windows newest versio keep getting TLS security issues on web sights how to fix...
  10. TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11: O.K. Yesterday I ran a DISM restorehealth. When I went to reboot, I also had updates to install (that I hadn't noticed). Since then I have been unable to go to at least 2 sites due to a TLS security reason. I mean the browser(s) just flat out refuse to go there. No option to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tls security settings edge

2. your tls security settings aren’t set to the defaults which could also be causing this error.

3. tls security settings windows 10 edge

4. tls security settings microsoft edge,
  5. microsoft edge windows security,
  6. Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults which could also be causing this error,
  7. edge tls settings windows 10,
  8. microsoft edge tls security settings,
  9. edge tls settings,
  10. microsoft edge tls settings,
  11. microsoft edge tls error,
  12. tls security settings in edge,
  13. your tls security settings aren’t set to the defaults ,
  14. edge tls,
  15. tls settings in edge