Windows 10: Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

Discus and support Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge’s tab search feature, which has been under development for a long time, is finally making some progress. Apparently, Edge’s new feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 4, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

Microsoft Edge’s tab search feature, which has been under development for a long time, is finally making some progress. Apparently, Edge’s new feature is now one step closer to the official launch and it looks like Windows 10 Search integration has also made progress.

Although Microsoft has yet to officially confirm the development of Chromium-based tab search functionality, the company has quietly enabled it for some users. For those unaware, Microsoft Edge’s upcoming tab search is based on the work previously done by Google for Chrome.

The feature has been under development for months and it was spotted in the Canary preview builds of Microsoft Edge in the month of August. Initially, Edge’s search tab feature required users to enable an experimental flag from the Edge://flags menu or use the command line.

In the latest update, Microsoft has enabled the feature by default, but only some folks are seeing the change. It’s possible that Microsoft is still A/B testing tab search integration with a small group of users.

Like Chrome’s tab search, Edge’s tab search also supports the keyboard Ctrl + Shift + on Windows and other platforms.

Edge already comes with vertical which has made multitasking easier and search tabs should make it easier for users to locate a specific website or tab. Microsoft is also working on new features and improvements for Chromium-based Edge to help boost the productivity of users.

Windows 10 Search integration is now live in Edge

Microsoft is also planning to integrate Chromium-based Edge with the Windows Search APIs in the operating system. After a new update, Microsoft Edge search history has now started to appear within the search box in the Windows 10 taskbar.

Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration Microsoft-Edge-Windows-10-Search.jpg

According to Microsoft, this new feature aims to bring information from the Microsoft Edge browser to Windows. If you use the search box of Windows 10, you can now use it to directly visit previously open tabs in Microsoft Edge.

Presumably, a future update could enable deeper integration between Windows 10 and other features of the browser like bookmarks and recent tabs.

Microsoft has started testing Windows Search integration with some users running Edge Canary 88 and it’s not yet clear how useful this new addition will be. It’s possible that some will find it a distraction that fills their Windows Search panel with results they can easily find in Edge.

Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration Microsoft-edge-search.png

Fortunately, you can turn off the search integration by heading to Edge’s profile settings, as shown in the above screenshot.

Additionally, Microsoft seems to be working on a new and improved “Find on page” tool with support for related searches.

The post Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 4, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge Tab Search Engine

Hello SandyCharles

You should change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge:

- In Microsoft Edge , go to the website of the search engine you want.

- Select Settings and more > Settings > Advanced.

- Scroll down to Address bar search, and select Change search provider.

- Select your preferred search engine in the list, and then select Set as default

Let me know how it goes

Mark St..., Dec 4, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?

Chrome does not do that. Problem is, you do a search, and click on a search link, it opens a new tab, and leaves the bing seach tab open. And after a while, you can have very many Bing search tabs open

- - - Updated - - -

In the left pane, click on the Pop-ups and Redirects option.

STEP 4 does not exist for me.
    How To Stop Auto Tab Opening On Microsoft Edge 2020

sdowney717, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

1. Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge tab

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Tab: Is there a way to include a search option tab into folder's tab? Or have the search extentions appear without needing to do an empty search? With kind regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tab/01210cfa-0c10-44c9-80c9-891017e6891b
  6. Windows 10’s taskbar search is getting Microsoft Edge integration

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s taskbar search is getting Microsoft Edge integration: Windows 10’s taskbar search is one of the most powerful tools in the operating system, and part of the reason for that is its strong integration of Microsoft services. To date, though, it has lacked decent integration with Microsoft Edge, relying on half-baked tie-ins....
  7. Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration: Google is rolling out two new features that will allow you to visit browser pages directly from the address bar and easily navigate between open tabs. The company is testing a new feature called ‘Tab Search’ that will allow you to easily locate your open tabs. In addition,...
  8. Microsoft Edge search history?

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search history?: Hi. I can't see my search history under the search bar since the Windows update. Do you know if I can reactivate it somehow or is it because of the update. Microsoft Edge Suchverlauf?
  9. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge: [IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . this is the problem. don't know what it is or how to resolve the problem. this happens in search and also on microsoft edge....
  10. Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the http://<searched_word> page rather than performing a search with the default search engine. Why? Thanks Bye 32434