Windows 10: Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

Discus and support Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, and the "Top Sites" on the Startup page seems to have disappeared. I don't remember installing any software... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mrm3601, Feb 22, 2016.

1. mrm3601 Win User

Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

Hello.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, and the "Top Sites" on the Startup page seems to have disappeared. I don't remember installing any software or drivers lately.

Any suggestions as to how to get the "Top Sites" back will be appreciated.

Thank you again.

:)

mrm3601, Feb 22, 2016
  2. wens(2) Win User

Top Sites Disappeared on Edge

While my top picks did come back. my browsing history is still empty and now I have to remember to make any page that I might need to refer back to as a favorite and it really clogs up my computer.. unless these things get fixed., I will avoid
    WINDOWS 10. I had no problem with XP or 7, but you can keep Windows 10.

wens(2), Feb 22, 2016
  3. Top Sites Disappeared on Edge

As long as you pin your top sites, they should stay put. I posted about this in another thread about this issue.

Michael_102, Feb 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Open Edge > top right, click the 3 dots icon > select Settings > under Open With, select New tab page > under Open new tab with, click the pointer and select Top sites or Top sites and suggested content.
    That's it.
    See if that works now.
    If still problematic, and if you have CCleaner, open CCleaner, left side under Windows, make sure top 6 boxes are checked, then run CCleaner.

After that, check if top sites are back.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  5. I'm on my 4th go around with Windows 10 pro and still having issues with top sites disappearing after 3 or 4 days. I have done the instructions of '3 dots icon > select Settings > under Open With, select New tab page > under Open new tab with, click the pointer and select Top sites or Top sites and suggested content. Ran CCleaner & sfc scannow on 2 occasions; same problem. In the past week I’ve replaced the top sites on 3 occasions and these 4 sites always show up. I’ve never been on either of these 4 sites; Netflix, YahooMail, Pandora, and Twitter keep replacing some of the top sites I have set up. Does MS get any royalties from these sites if one uses them?

oldyeller38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Top

2. Top Sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top Sites: all top site boxes filled. want to add more. how do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-sites/b99d4034-5f36-45f7-b65c-0d31c7df0eaa
  3. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error: [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is...
  4. Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.: I had MS Edge top sites set to open when I click on the icon in my taskbar which had direct links to 10 sites I visit the most. Since the last update about 2 weeks ago, Edge opens on a blank page. I've tried just about everything I have been able to find on the net, yet to of...
  5. 1809 and 'Top Sites' in Edge no longer configurable.

in Browsers and Email
    1809 and 'Top Sites' in Edge no longer configurable.: Following a clean installation of 1809 I'm finding that my top sites are not able to be moved around as you could in previous versions. Trying to drag a tile to the left or right simply places the No Entry sign over it meaning 'you can not do this'. Anyone else noticed this...
  6. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  7. Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?: Hey gang, I installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and really like it so far. I have been trying out the new MS Edge browser. I noticed up towards the top in Top Sites it would populate with websites I visit frequently. Kind of like it did in IE previously when one...
  8. Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty: Just curious if this is unique to me or if others see this, and/or if it is a known bug. I oftentimes will use the top sites list to click on a webpage, I click on a new tab and that list is populated with the 8 most used sites I go to. Oftentimes, I will click on a new...
  9. Edge: how to add a top site

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: how to add a top site: I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE. In my favourites, I store many websites. But the sites I use daily, I would like to add to top sites. I would not like to wait until Edge decides when to...
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge top sites disappear

2. top sites in edge have disappeared

3. top sites has disappeared on ms edge

4. top sites disappeared edge,
  5. microsoft edge top sites vanished,
  6. top sites have disappeared from edge,
  7. edge top sites disappeared,
  8. microsoft edge top sites disappeared,
  9. top sites disappeared in microsoft edge,
  10. microsoft edge top sites dissapeared,
  11. top sites disapeared