Windows 10: Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background

Discus and support Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there! I don't use Microsoft edge in my windows 10. I use Chrome for browsing and other stuffs. However, the microsoft edge update keeps running in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aryan Hossain_644, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background

Hi there! I don't use Microsoft edge in my windows 10. I use Chrome for browsing and other stuffs. However, the microsoft edge update keeps running in the background even when I click on "End Task". The same also applies for Google like "Google crash handler" which also runs in the background. services. Is there anything I can do about that? Thank you

:)

Aryan Hossain_644, Jul 15, 2021

2. Ntdll.dll causing google chrome to crash all the time

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Are you facing the same issue with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps offered by Google?
    As a work around, we suggest you to uninstall Google from the downloaded location and reinstall and check for the issue.

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 15, 2021
  3. winxp Win User
    Edge crashes when google used as default search

Microsoft’s Edge browser is crashing if you have Google set as default search

There’s a temporary workaround
    By Tom Warren@tomwarren Jul 30, 2020, 8:07pm EDT

Microsoft’s new Edge browser is randomly crashing when users type into the address bar tonight. The issues appear to be affecting Edge users who have selected Google as the default search engine. Microsoft says it’s aware of the problems and the company’s Edge team is investigating.
    Microsoft recommends turning off Search Suggestions in edge://settings/search. The Verge has tested this workaround and it solves the problem if you have Google set as your default search engine.

Are you seeing Edge crash when trying to type into the address bar? The team is looking into it! In the meantime, as a workaround, please turn off Search Suggestions here: edge://settings/search. We'll follow up once we have more!
    — Microsoft Edge Dev (@MSEdgeDev) July 30, 2020
    The Microsoft Edge crashes started at around 7PM ET, and are affecting macOS and Windows users. It’s not clear why they’re only limited to Google search users in Edge, though. If you switch to Microsoft’s Bing search engine within Edge, the crashes do not occur.

We’ve reached out to Microsoft for more information on the problems, and we’ll update you accordingly.

winxp, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background

1. Microsoft edge update a d Google crash handler in background - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge update

2. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home: Hello. I have a friend with a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home. Since October 2021, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome has been crashing randomly. The laptop has Windows 10 Home. We updated both web browsers and they still crash. So yesterday, we formatted the laptop and...
  6. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home

Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home: Hello. I have a friend with a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home. Since October 2021, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome has been crashing randomly. The laptop has Windows 10 Home. We updated both web browsers and they still crash. So yesterday, we formatted the laptop and...
  7. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10 Home: Hello. I have a friend with a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home. Since October 2021, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome has been crashing randomly. The laptop has Windows 10 Home. We updated the both web browsers and it still crashes. So yesterday, we formatted the laptop and...
  8. Microsoft edge update and Google crash handler in background

Microsoft edge update and Google crash handler in background: Hi there! I don't use Microsoft edge in my windows 10. I use Chrome for browsing and other stuffs. However, the microsoft edge update keeps running in the background even when I click on "End Task". The same also applies for Google like "Google crash handler" which also runs...
  9. Microsoft Edge in Background Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge in Background Apps: How to add Microsoft Edge in Background Apps list in Settings Privacy Background apps ? It doesn't show in the Background apps list in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-in-background-apps/22039291-ee8b-470f-a9e1-ef801d11e4f9
  10. Microsoft Edge crash

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crash: When I open Edge it will come on line to my home page, flick off once, come back on and then go off totally and returns to my desktop. Is there a way to re-install Edge? Firefox and Internet Explorer work fine. I have changed my default browser and that didn't help. Numerous...